Lead Mechanical Engineer - Testing
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned individual and team projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Provide technical leadership to personnel/ cross functional teams supporting the assigned project
- Implement plans with guidance to meet technical requirements of assigned components and systems
- Develop action plans with guidance to respond to issues/ problems
- Lead or participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
- Recommend, with guidance, the approach to meet the technical and program requirements
- Participate and present or review in technical and program reviews
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
will be focused on the following activities:
- Design of testing facilities and auxiliary systems, to get the desired boundary conditions for the machinery/sub-assembly under testing;
- Selection and specification of shaft line systems (gear boxes, couplings...)
- Design of piping / gas loops and ducting systems
- Design of supporting structures and baseplates
- Design of modification machining of turbomachinery parts for special instrumentation
- Design of special tooling for instrumentation application and prototypes assembly
- Coordinate and support outsourced engineering work, monitor their quality (FTY), timing (OTD) and productivity
- Manage and control drawings and specifications
- Support assemblies and facilities installation/commissioning and instrumentation application
- Maintain synergies with Machine Design Engineers, Chief Engineering Office, O&G hardware and tools development
During the day to day work activities, the Lead Design Engineer - Testing will be in touch with:
- Test Project Engineering and Electric & Instrumentation Design teams to evaluate machine instrumentation requirements vs. process conditions; transducers installation constrains and working conditions; test rig and auxiliary systems requirements and relevant design solutions
- Machine Design team to assess and review proposed machine parts modifications for instrumentation application and routing, as well as define and review test enabling HW arrangement
- Sourcing team to align purchased products, systems and services to technical specs
- Workshop Testing Operations team to support installation/operation and commissioning phases and facilitate troubleshooting and RCA's.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED with at least 5 years of experience in Engineering).
- At least 3 additional years of experience in Engineering position.
- Significant experience in rotating machines development testing or industrial plant and/or auxiliary systems engineering
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of 2D (Autocad) and 3D CAD tools (Unigraphics NX or similar)
- Familiar with instrumentation and transducers technologies applied to turbomachinery
- Knowledge of PED, CPR, Machinery, ATEX directives and relevant applicable regulations/standards
- Demonstrated experience in piping and auxiliary systems design
- Ability to design structural items and auxiliary equipment through verification and hand calculation relying on his/her own expertise, on his/her knowledge of International Standard (ISO, API, ASME, etc.) and on his/her capability to understand and model physic behavior through specific tools (e.g. ANSYS, CAESAR, Flowmaster, Matlab/Simulink);
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational capability.
- Strong communication skills and aptitude to team working
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Initiative, dynamism and team coordination skills
- EU work permit
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more