The Research and Innovation Team has an immediate opportunity for a seasoned Electrical Engineer or Physicts as a part of a multidisciplinary Technology Team focused on research and rapid proof of concept efforts. The individual will influence, participate in, and direct team-based technology projects which result in new product offerings for the Baker Hughes' Completions and Production portfolio. Essential Responsibilities:
- Works in a multi-disciplinary team of engineering and science personnel to identify and research innovating technology concepts.
- Develops and evaluates plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities to be carried out by the department.
- Assesses the feasibility and soundness of proposals.
- Oversees the execution of projects.
- Ultimately responsible for delivering knowledge and design feasibility evaluations across a wide range of technologies and completion and intervention tools
- Plans and directs research
- Guides identification and selection of qualified vendors.
- Reviews progress and evaluates results.
- Works with considerable latitude in making autonomous decisions.
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Work with Supply Chain and third party supplies to meet equipment delivery requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics
- 7+ year's related experience
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in managing multiple priorities and working across interdisciplinary lines
- Occasional travel required both domestically and internationally
- Customer and supplier interaction required
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- Masters or Doctorate degree in Engineering or Science with 10+ years of industry experience in the development of technology
- Demonstrated experience in the leadership of multidisciplinary development teams