The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the supervision and planning of all plant maintenance activities including operations, maintenance, and repair of gas processing plant(s) to obtain optimum processing within safety, environmental and economic guidelines and to maintain and optimize the utilization of manpower and equipment. JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Supervise plant mechanical and maintenance activities.
- Direct supervision of Maintenance personnel.
- Establish and maintain preventative and predictive maintenance programs in Maximo.
- Coordinate turn-around and schedules other maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Promote safe work environment for all employees.
- Attend safety meetings and ensure work is performed safely.
- Issue hot work and related work permits.
- Establish and maintain preventative and predictive maintenance programs.
- Provide support for Maintenance Technicians to troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Oversight of established overtime guidance and safety policies.
- Diagnose routine and non-routine equipment malfunctions.
- Train and develop Maintenance Technicians in safe and proper job procedures
- Assist plant operations when needed.
- Fill in for other supervisors as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Extensive knowledge of Natural Gas Characteristics, Engine & Compressor Operations and Maintenance.
- Experience with Engines, Compressors, Pumps, Valves, Turbines, Heat exchangers, Cooling towers, air coolers, filtration equipment and pressure relief devices.
- Ability to direct mechanical workforce.
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision.
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors.
- Must be proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office software modules, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and others.
- Possess and maintain a valid driverâ€™s license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to work in outdoor and indoor working conditions (may include some weekend, nighttime and/or inclement weather).
- Valid driverâ€™s license and safe driving record.
- Completion of advanced mechanical training or certificates, or equivalent work experience (3+ years).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Leadership experience, 5yr +, managing and maintaining complex mechanical equipment.
- Has an excellent understanding of utilizing predictive maintenance tools- oil analysis, vibration, trending, etc. including other diagnostic tools.
- Able to troubleshoot equipment failures.
- Plant Maintenance Operations over several years utilizing MAXIMO CMMS systems.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 75lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.