Skills: Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Baku, Azerbaijan
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Azerbaijan
We are keen to find Structural and Civil Engineer to provide structural engineering support to projects or operations, including maintenance, inspection and turnaround. This will be achieved through proactively interacting with other teams and contractors to systematically resolve problems and applying engineering judgement to assist in setting and implementing engineering technical practices, and drive integrated, pragmatic solutions focused on risk management, operating efficiency, defect elimination and standardisation.
The role provides significant opportunity to apply deep technical expertise, judgement and leadership skills and get professional and career development.
The role holder will be member of the Civil and Structural Community of Practice.
- Day to day direction and prioritization of structural & civil (S&C) engineering activity in region to deliver safe, reliable and compliant facility, including leadership of a small S&C team
- Deliver regional S&C integrity management activity, through execution activity performed by the team or contractors based on Global Operations Organisation (GOO) procedures and industry guidance
- Ensure Engineering Activities appropriately apply BP standards and processes such as Fit for Service and Capital Value Process (CVP)
- Ensure quality and consistent application of engineering processes and work flows
- Manage the engineering process which maintains the regional fixed, floating and civil infrastructure in a suitable condition to deliver BPs safety and business goals
- Equipment Class Owner (ECO) for the regions offshore structural jackets, topsides, hulls, moorings and onshore structures and civil infrastructure. Able in understanding of the structural performance standards for these facilities which define the loading and environmental limitations which the structure is expected to safely meet during operation, extreme and abnormal conditions
- Understanding of S&C inspection, monitoring and maintenance strategies which determine the current condition the facility
- Perform assessment of whether, in its current condition, the facility meets the S&C performance standards
- Perform verification on high impact recommendations from others in the team and its contractors
- Report significant deterioration in structural condition or any deviation from performance standards through the anomaly management, dashboards, emerging risk process and risk assurance tool as appropriate
- As part of the Management of Change process, assess the impact of significant changes in load (weight) or changes to operating conditions on the integrity of the S&C infrastructure and provide recommendation to senior structural engineer for Reviewed decision, when required
- Collaborate with the Program Execution Team to get early sight of proposed changes to facilities which may have a structural impact
- Contribute in preparation of the Structural Annual Integrity Summary Report for each platform or complex of platforms
- Identify and categorise risks, seeking sub-function input where required
- Drive appropriate behaviors in the S&C team to achieve success, including a continuous improvement culture.
- Degree in Engineering or related discipline
- Preferably, Professional accreditation e.g. Chartered Engineer or Professional Engineer
Experience and Job Requirements:
- Technical understanding of structural engineering with at least 3 years' experience in engineering management, engineering systems design, construction and delivery
- Ability to demonstrate practical and applied knowledge of international and regional engineering standards and practices related to the offshore structures
- Good team-player and experience in multinational company
- Experience in Offshore Structural Engineering