Skills: Captain / Master, Marine Supervisor, Port Operations
Other Skills: Crude lifting, master mariner, french, gabon, marine operations, SPM
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Gamba, Gabon
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Assala Energy is a young and dynamic Oil and Gas Exploration and Production company with an exciting operated asset base in Gabon, firm core values and a keen sense of responsibility to our employees and stakeholders.
We are currently seeking to identify and attract a colleague who can join us in Gamba, as Head of Marine Operations/ Marine Pilot.
As the Head of Marine Operations with Marine Pilot responsibilities, you will be accountant for offshore crude oil export operations from the Gamba Terminal SPM including:
- Oil export system maintenance (Front Line Barrier Manager for the oil export system equipments)
- Tankers pilotage
- Berthing and Mooring activities
- Loading activities
- PFSO certified of the Single Point Mooring of the Gamba Terminal.
- Marine Subject Matter Expert (technical support) for production operations, drilling and project activities.
- Contract Holder for marine services contracts linked to oil export activities.
- Oil Spill Response Management in Marine environments.
- Offloading Tankers claims management including demurrage claims.
- Master Mariner, with Class 1 Certificate, endorsed for carriage of oil.
- Seasoned marine professional with a minimum of 15 years' experience in marine management with at least 10 years' experience in a senior supervisory/management role.
- Advanced ship handling skills in order to act as marine pilot for tanker berthing/loading at offshore SPM.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as technical support in marine logistics for exploration / production activities.
- Familiarity with international rules such as: OCIMF, ISGOTT, MARPOL
- Excellent experience with relevant marine procedures including: ERP, pollution response plan, lifting procedure, etc.
- Contract and contractor Management experience and skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and motivational skills.
- Proficiency with computer based applications.
- Fluency in French is mandatory, and English proficiency is highly desirable.
This is a permanent staff role, offered on a rotational basis of 28/28, and you will be based in Gamba, Gabon, where you will be joining a dynamic team of professionals, focused on delivering exceptional results, safely and in line with our values.
In addition to a competitive salary, your employment will be also subject to a yearly performance bonus.