Skills: Electrical Engineering, Maintenance Engineer
Other Skills: CompEx, Electrical Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: To be discussed
Location: Wareham, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral part of a multi-skilled team working at our Wytch Farm Oil Field near Corfe Castle, Wareham, Dorset.
Wytch Farm produces from 12 remote well sites, via infield flow lines to a central oil & gas gathering station, where separation, stabilisation, water injection, gas compression/drying/fractionation, oil export, power generation, sales gas export, LPG storage and LPG export takes place.
This position has responsibility for providing day to day electrical engineering support to the asset which will incorporate managing all aspects of the electrical technician team in delivering a safe and efficient maintenance service to the operation. You will also be required to provide input to the long term strategy for electrical infrastructure of the asset.
Key responsibilities include:
• Work with the technician team to plan and safely deliver the asset work schedule
• Liaise with technicians, contractors and others to ensure efficient execution of maintenance and project work
• Co-ordinate the engineering review and approval of plant modifications
• Plan and deliver electrical projects / minor modification work as required
• Analyse plant breakdowns and implement actions for improved performance; specify modifications to plant equipment and systems.
• Manage the effectiveness of equipment maintenance strategies.
• Review and optimise inventory requirements for electrical equipment. Manage non-inventory procurement requirements including specification of equipment.
• Support the training and development of technicians.
Skills & Competencies
• Broad experience with electrical equipment in a hazardous process industry including:
o Variable speed controllers; HV/LV motors;
o HV/LV protection; HV/LV distribution systems
o UPS systems; trace heating & cathodic protection
o HVAC systems; lighting & small power;
o HV & LV electrical authorisation and switching.
o Hazardous area equipment classification
• Proficient in the application of the principles of risk assessment and process safety management
• High standards of workmanship, attention to detail and concern for accuracy.
• Proven team-working and influencing skills.
• Able to take strategic leadership role for assigned responsibilities.
• Able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation.
Experience / Qualifications
• Technical competence within an electrical engineering discipline, recognised apprenticeship or equivalent technical qualification (HND preferred)
• Compex training preferable
• Ten years relevant experience, at least five years within a petrochemical environment
At Perenco we value and reward our people, offering competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits including:
• Private Medical Insurance
• Flexible Benefit Allowance
• Life Assurance
• Excellent Pension Provision
• Discretionary Bonus