Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Worley, is looking for an Operations HSSE Manager to join our Oil and Gas operations based in Aberdeen.
The Operations HSE Manager shall be responsible for delivering support and advice to project management on implementation and compliance with the rules. To build relationships with customers to support the safe and successful delivery of workscopes and to enhance Worley's reputation. The Operations HSE Manager will play a primary role in providing guidance, support, development, mentoring and advice regarding HSSE issues to the Project HSE Advisors. This is a Principal position within the Assurance team
- Provide advice, support and direction to HSE Advisors to enable them to support projects in a coherent and co-ordinated manner.
- Maintain positive relationships with Client Representatives and Project Management to ensure client and business needs are understood and achieved
- Be aware of Client HSSEQ requirements and Worley Guiding Principles and actively promote adherence with Industry Best Practice
- Share H&S learning on incident and good practices to the team
- Manage HSSEQ presence at bid clarification, kick-off, pre-inspection meetings as required by the project
- Support business capture with the development of effective responsive to HSSE tender questionnaires
- Support, review and investigate accidents, incidents and near miss events to identify root caused and lessons learned. Ensure actions and recommendations are implemented
- Undertake Health and Safety compliance evaluations, inspections and audits at prescribed intervals - record outputs and liaise with site management to ensure actions are completed.
- Monitor changes in safety legislation or other industry best practice to keep information and advice up-to-date mitigation proposals.
- Promote an enthusiastic HSSE culture that delivers positive commitment to, and engaged all employees in, continuous performance improvement
- Demonstrate HSSEQ leadership and promote Beyond Zero
- Ensure that a robust project management system is established, maintained and improved to meet project deliverables
- Monitor current project work scopes and ensure HSSE support is suitably resourced
- Implementing and monitoring HSSE Team and individual development plans - Mentor trainee engineers / personnel in order to support Worley Personnel Development Plan and further education scheme for professionals
- Direct project process owners in establishing their delivery of processes and procedures
- Liaise with Risk Management to understand risks associated with the project, with a view to developing controls to mitigate against risk items
- Assist in the evaluation of, and maintain proactive relationships with, the Supply Chain
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent or NEBOSH General Certificate and Degree
- Experience in a supervisory or management capacity within Oil & Gas or a similar industry
- In depth knowledge of HSSEQ Legislation and best practice
- Good knowledge of management systems ISO 14001:2004 and ISO45001:2018 and their application to projects
- Self-managing, effective person, focused on delivery of actions. Committed to making a positive impact on HSSE performance and achieving a high level of safety leadership.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish effective working relationships and communicate at all levels within the organisation.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and leading by personal example
- Knowledge of Root Cause Analysis techniques along with Risk Management techniques
- Ability to use action tracking applications / databases