At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.Role Summary:
As a Controls Field Service Engineer You shall be an expert in Control Engineering, focused on site activities management such as planning, manpower resources/tools assignment and technical assistance to complete the work scope according to the contractual requirementsTechnical competences:
Shall be able to perform these tasks in autonomy:
• Prepare field services jobs and interventions with the project managers based in the GE Oil & Gas offices.
• Assist Start-up Engineer during the commissioning phase ensuring proper and safe operation of the machine by evaluating the running parameters and troubleshoot control system problem as they arise
• Write accurate professional reports acting as single point of contact between Customers and GE Oil & Gas Headquarter concerning technical issues and interfacing with all involved functions
• Use company e-tools to retrieve technical documents and management of packing list, bill of material and drawings
• Ensure all in-field activities are carried out safely complying with company environmental Health & Safety (EHS) guidelines and procedures.Essential Responsibilities:
As a specialist in control field service engineering You will:
• Supervise the installation, calibration and set up of instruments
• Supervise cable laying, meggering and connection
• Lead and execute loop check and commissioning phase, performing the functional tests.
• Lead and execute unit start-up and performance tests
The candidate will be also responsible to keep reliability of Customers assets and to support on proactive way all GE O&G customers.Qualifications/Requirements:
- Engineering Degree or equivalent business experience
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of related working experience in Oil & Gas industry within maintenance and installation field activities
- Strong knowledge on rotating equipment installation/maintenance. The Candidate should posses knowledge working on O&G Product Equipment:
- HDGT Gas Turbines (Fr 52d, Fr 6 as a minimum Requirement)
- Centrifugal Compressors (BCL and MCL Types of Machines
- Reciprocating Compressors ("H" Series Machines)
- PGT 25 Machines and their auxiliaries (lube oil system, fuel gas system, seal gas system, steam system etc...)
- Expertise in troubleshooting of Speedtronic™ Mark VI for GE DLN1 FR5 gas turbines in oil & gas industry
- Troubleshooting capability and knowledge of associated systems namely BN 3500 / BN System 1/ Anti Surge Controller CCC / ESD PLC Triconix / F&G HIMA PLC.
- Experienced in start-up and operation of DLE on PGT Machines
- Ability to understand and implement mechanical drawings (section dwg; construction dwg; P&ID; alignment specification, flushing/blowing procedure; piping specification; wiring diagram, etc...)
- Excellent English fluency both spoken and written
- Availability to frequent travel worldwide on and off-shore. Long Duration assignment
- Flexibility to support within short notice to Adhere to Customer requirements as per Business demand
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills together with good interpersonal & organizational skills.
- Good experience in Mark VI and VIE control systems.
- Management competences include:
- Good attitude to manage relationships with customer and Oil&Gas HQs, concerning technical and contractual aspects
- Follow up all quality procedures according to BHGE QA manual and procedures
- Working knowledge and application of EHS rules
- Coordination and management of GE Oil & Gas contracted manpower (when applicable)
- Excellent written & Spoken communication Skills with the ability to utilize company tools and Write up customer reports
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more