The individual will be a subsea discipline engineer embedded within the Baku-based Conventional Gas Lift project team, providing subsea design knowledge locally and performing project engineering duties in support of safe execution of the 2020 construction campaign. The role reports to the Conventional Gas Lift Project Subsea Project ManagerKey Accountabilities:
- Strongly promotes the safety, health, environment and security accountability for all aspects of the execution of the work scope on the offshore vessels and barge.
- Review of installation procedures as well as installation related engineering for offshore/subsea assets with particular focus on subsea rigid pipelines, flexible risers, crossings, valve structures, load out, transport and others, as required,
- Key contributor to the delivery of the subsea installation scope based in accordance with agreed schedule and budget.
- Liaise with Contractor project teams to obtain input data, agree installation feasibility and support the Company in Contractor installation activities review.
- Liaise with Company/Contractor project teams to clarify installation procedures concerns.
- Collaborate to develop and constantly improve tools and internal processes for installation methods activities,
- Provide support to on-going offshore installation activities,
- Maintain close liaison with appropriate members of PMT (PSCM, Project Services, Quality, and Safety) and drive alignment with the Project team on project execution plans, needs, objectives, and requirements.
- Able to act as delegate for the Project Lead.
- Monitor and flag the installation activities, to ensure quality build for integrity during operation.
- Gather and/or develop data (narrative, charts, graphs, etc.) obtained during the execution of scope of installation and report it to for the monthly progress reporting and stewardship.
- Liaise with Engineering and Operations teams to ensure that the Contractor Installation scope and its impact on Operations is minimized and aligned
- Flag and monitor the MOC processes for all aspects of the Project execution related to the SoW.
- Responsible for being knowledgeable of lessons learned from previous projects with the same contractor and capturing and communicating execution lessons learned for the current project
- Interfaces with Contractor and internal/external Company parties to coordinate, align and agree on interface agreements and execution plans related to SoW.
Essential experience and requirements:
- BEng (Hons) degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline e.g. Mechanical Engineering
- Chartered Engineer
- Azerbaijani citizenship is required
- A fluent level in English (spoken, written and read) is essential.
- Broad and extensive knowledge of:
- Engineering Design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria related to transport and offshore installation of rigid pipelines, flexible risers and subsea structures.
- Offshore facilities and structures design, construction, operations and installation.
- Engineering procurement Construction Installation (EpCI) Contract Management
- Minimum 10 years' experience performing and leading the engineering design of subsea pipeline and flexible riser systems.
- Minimum 5 years' experience working as a Subsea Discipline Engineer in Major Projects.
- Experience interfacing subsea with topsides Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) contractors; Experience working with pre-comm and commissioning teams; Experience interfacing with and handing over to Operations
- Experience in planning of subsea construction work on subsea construction vessels