Skills: Accounting, Business Analyst, IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
The Business Analyst II (ERP) position acts as a liaison between the IT organization and business partners or functions as it relates to the diversity and complexity of systems, technologies and processes. This position prioritizes initiatives and identifies opportunities for technology to add business value in conjunction with business leaders. This role may lead the business analysis phase of a project, and may lead the configuration of applications/modules to meet client needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and maintains key relationships that span the IT and business partner boundaries, typically at the Manager/Director level
- Uses relationships to educate the IT team on the needs and priorities of business partners and business partners on IT processes and ways of working
- Capable of helping their assigned business partner(s) clarify, develop, and plan for their current and future technology needs. Documents requirements and/or ensures they are effectively and completely documented
- Configures or directs the configuration of existing applications/modules to meet customer needs
- Supports the clarification of business requirements, and how to best address them
- Analyzes process and data flows, identifying potential redundancies, overlaps in accountability, key decision points, etc., to enhance a business process
- Understands current and future resource constraints and is able to contribute fully to the demand management process
- Conducts ROI and other financial analysis to support project funding/prioritization
- Conducts data mining techniques and analyzes data trends to support business planning and development as it relates to the IT environment
- Understands Order to Cash Process in ERP systems.
- Experience in Oracle and/or Dynamics 365 ERP a big plus
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 4+ years of functional experience in technology support or related field
- Has demonstrated an advanced understanding of business processes as it relates to at least one or two areas of IT
- 6+ years of functional experience in a technology support or related field
- Developing an advanced understanding of industry and business process trends
- Accountability - Level Two
- Excellence - Level Two
- Innovation - Level One
- Safety - Level One
- Teamwork & Collaboration - Level Two
- Communication - Level Two
- Decision Making - Level One
- Process & Analytic Ability - Level Two
- IT Environment - Level Three
- IT Industry - Trends and Directions - Level Three
- IT Standards and Procedures - Level Two
- Business Process Modeling - Level Three
- Requirements Analysis - Level Three
- Application Configuration - Level Three
- Data Mining - Level Two
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORKING CONDITIONS
- Office environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and use hands. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision and distance vision.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs