Skills: Manufacturing Engineering
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Provides ME Support for Manufacturing and Sourcing Operations Oceaneering. Working with Engineering, Sourcing, Quality, and Manufacturing, plans, directs, and coordinates supporting processes in manufacturing and sourcing operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Works with the Quality Organization to improve and/or develop appropriate quality control standards to support new and existing projects and products.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design, materials, tooling, and equipment needs to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions
- Supports management, engineering, and others regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Identifies improvement opportunities by utilizing statistical methods to analyze existing operations and estimates future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Validates supplier production processes prior to production or at initial run-off.
- Leads continuous process improvement teams.
- Mentors cross-functional teams in the application of methodical problem-solving processes including the use of Six Sigma tools
- Participates in or leads supplier audits to determine supplier performance capabilities.
- Reviews, approves and provides comment on specifications, drawings, plans and procedures.
- Prepares and troubleshoots nonconforming manufacturing and test documentation.
Travels up to 40% of the time as required.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Six Sigma or other advanced quality training
- Minimum eight (8) years' manufacturing engineering experience in manufacturing, design, quality or supply chain or related field
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.