The U.S. Sales leader plays a key role in the sales organization and impacts on the regions go-to-market strategy. The SL will be responsible for growing the FPS-Onshore orders and profitability across the product lines, targeting Oil & Gas and Industrial segments. The SL will demonstrate leadership, both directly and through influence, own the OP plan and KPI's and be responsible for developing and executing regional Sales Strategy & team development.
The SL shall demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals/programs/processes for FPS-Onshore and be able to develop and execute objectives for self and others. This role directly impacts short-term and long-term business goals & strategies and should be executed by an individual with a proven track record in this field. Having deep knowledge and experience of Sales Leadership and strategic business development processes is essential, ideally also knowledgeable of the industry and systems. The SL shall be able to work autonomously and contribute to company growth. Furthermore he/she will need to demonstrate the ability to work at senior level both internally and externally. Essential Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading the U.S. Capillary sales organization and creating and driving the appropriate culture, as well as developing the local team and providing the core skillsets required to succeed.
- Responsible for developing and driving U.S. growth strategy that fits with Baker Hughes business imperatives and products/services capabilities and developing the tools and culture to execute successfully.
- Identify and develop opportunities for new customer accounts and existing partnerships through existing and proven senior level customer relationships
- Establish and maintain beneficial relationships with all levels of Baker Hughes' organization.
- Responsible for achieving G&O and stretch commercial targets including CM, cash & revenue
- In-depth knowledge of Oil & Gas Markets and Customers (IOC's, NOC's & Independents)
- Define and implement Oil & Gas marketing and commercial strategies in order to increase orders volume and profitability.
- Expertise in strategic development, tools, processes and implementation
- Provide deal team leadership for related sales within the N. American sales region through the formulation and execution of proposal strategies that capitalize on Baker Hughes' competitive strengths to serve the customer's needs resulting in execution of definitive sales agreements.
- Lead deal strategy development and reviews, ultimately obtaining appropriate approvals for pricing, delivery and other commercial terms for specific sales proposals.
- Leverage cross-functional and cross-business resources to maximize market penetration
- Drive pacing of regional commitment weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually as required
- Develop and maintain a strong orders / opportunity pipeline Support sales team with direct customer negotiations as required
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 10 years of Sales experience
- Solid & proven knowledge of Strategic Business development tools and processes
- Ability to travel up to 75% of year
- English speaking and writing fluency
- Ability to execute and communicate Sales/Growth strategies in a global environment, to achieve aggressive goals
- Solid and proven business acumen (financial & business drivers) and experience operating in a matrix organization
- Experience of setting and delivering operating plans which align with company expectations
- Existing and appropriate network with Operators and EPC's at a senior level
- Ability to lead and influence cross functional and virtual teams
- Solid understanding of the formal strategic sales process and its implementation & effectiveness
- Well-developed strategic mind-set and the ability to use strategic sales tool-kit both internally and externally
- The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list. Additional tasks may be assigned from time to time as necessitated by business demands.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or equivalent)
- 5 years of Sales Leadership experience with a proven track record of developing teams and processes to exceed challenging targets (recent)
- Knowledge of Capillary Product Line offerings
- Ability to lead contract management and contractual terms negotiation
- Ability to approach complex issues with clear solutions, forging strong partnerships and strategic alliances to achieve mutual goals
- Self-starter with a competitive & results driven attitude.