The Senior Director of Operations will be responsible for safe, customer-focused operation and financial performance of a rail-centric refined products midstream terminal in Mexico. Mexico, including but not limited to customer service, safety, 24/7 operations, maintenance, quality and quantity control, regulatory compliance and fiscal performance. The successful candidate for this role will be expected to have a daily presence at the terminal to ensure excellence is the pursuit of the entire team.
- Ensure the safe, environmentally compliant, and fiscally responsible management of product receipts and deliveries into and out of a fungible terminal system.
- Develop a culture in which health, safety & environmental regulations, and company practices are followed without exception.
- Develop a culture of excellence in order to exceed the expectations of all customers.
- Develop and implement operational standards, policies, procedures to serve the customer, serve the team, improve efficiency, maximize profitability, protect assets, and ensure quality control.
- Provide leadership to the terminal management team with the goal of ensuring success as well as developing and growing talent for future projects.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders such as Terminal Owners, Customers, Operations, Construction, People Services, EHS, Security, Legal, and Project Management.
- Ensure responsible management of the terminal's financials, including establishing budgets and financial goals, controlling costs, prepare weekly forecasts for budgetary analysis and controlling capital expenditures.
- Administer Collective Bargaining Agreement and union related Labor Relations.
- Mentor, direct, and train current supervisory staff.
- Manage expansion projects and control the implementation of startups.
- Successful candidate must be a Citizen of Mexico or a US citizen with the ability to obtain an appropriate Work Permit(s) from the support of the company
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience in handling Crude Oil, Ethanol, or any other liquid gasoline component or derivative.
- Prior development and experience in similar leadership positions.
- Thorough understanding of management of dynamic product inventories in a fungible tank farm.
- Able to effectively communicate with multiple levels of responsibility with the organization, customers, and partners.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communications to a diverse workforce.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the products, modes of transport, and methods of handling liquid bulk materials.
- Prefernce is for applicants to be fluent in Spanish or a willingness to learn with the support of tutoring
- Able to effectively communicate both written and verbally in English and Spanish.
- The successful candidate in this role will be results oriented and will be expected to be fully engaged in both the daily operations and the strategic planning and development of terminal growth.
- Familiarity with refined products such as gasoline and diesel.
- Able to work with terminal team members in the field to further their training and development. Effective use of strategic planning and foresight to ensure the highest level of customer service and problem resolution.
- Ability to identify and navigate through cultural differences to maximize effectiveness.
- Accepts accountability for all aspects of job performance.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively in a fast pace and dynamic environment.
- Utilize a coaching/mentoring leadership style to support and develop operating teams.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.