Job Description WHERE YOU FIT IN
Seattle Terminal Operators support a pipeline/rail/marine terminal that handles gasoline and distillate products for distribution to Shell customers. The terminal receives product via pipeline, marine, and rail and ships out product via a truck loading rack and marine operations. Terminal operators are responsible for all operational duties related to the receipt, storage and distribution of its products.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
WHAT'S THE ROLE?
- Compliance with company procedures and government regulations related to HSSE (Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental) and various agency permits
- General maintenance and housekeeping in support of terminal assets to ensure a safe, secure, and environmentally sound operation
- Handling, receiving, transferring, shipping, and storing of petroleum products via pipeline, marine, rail, and truck
- Basic problem solving on loading rack malfunctions and other terminal systems
- Basic knowledge of computer input and stock reconciliation
- Quality assurance sampling and testing of products
Terminal Operators are accountable for thorough and complete compliance with company and regulatory procedures in the execution of their jobs. Examples include:
- Compliance with the Distribution Health & Safety Manual
- Compliance with the Terminal Operations Manual
- Compliance with the Distribution Measurement Manual
- Familiar and compliant with environmental manuals such as the FRP and SPCC plans
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.Requirements WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without the requirement of a work visa
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma
- Must be able to speak, read and write English proficiently
- Must possess a current, valid driver's license
- Willing to work outside in inclement weather with or without accommodation
- Willing to work in compact and confined spaces with or without accommodation
- Willing to climb ladders, walk up and down steps, and work at heights with or without accommodation
- To attend to emergencies, successful candidates must reside within 60 minutes of the site, or be willing to relocate to within 60 minutes of the site without relocation assistance
- Willing to work a rotating shift work schedule
- Willing to work overtime, holidays, nights, and weekends
- Willing to be on call and meet call-out standards to respond to site responsibilities and emergencies
- As a part of the pre-employment selection process, candidates are required to submit to and receive satisfactory results from a pre-employment medical screening, background check and drug tests including hair and oral fluids
- Must currently hold or be able to qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card. Note, information regarding TWIC qualification standards may be found at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
- Willing to support the company's drug-free work environment, which will include random drug screenings
- Willing to support and comply with the company's harassment-free work environment policy
- Willing to support and comply with the company's safety policies and initiatives
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.