Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Project Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: ABERDEEN, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Drill Bit Applications Engineer is a key contributor to all phases of the job cycle. The Drill Bit Applications engineer will provide technical input to the pre-well phase through drill bit design and bit selection. During project execution they provide follow up, technical input, and operational support to IWS and external customers through detailed procedures on current operations and they are also responsible for providing close out EOWR, RCA and Lessons Learned where applicable
- Ensure all engineering activities are in line with HSE policies and procedures, and drive HSE culture by setting example through safe work practices
- Provide and drive technical solutions through application and implementation of best practices and technological advancements
- Participate in customer presentations & meetings (may include travel to other locations).
- Drives efficiencies and creates operational service synergies across product lines with IWS and DS
- Drive consistency in processes and procedures within the managing the job cycle process
- Prepare all technical reports related to the project including End of Well Report, after action reviews, lessons learned summary
- Drive continuous improvement through accurate reporting, FRACAS reporting and root cause determination and bit run data capture.
- Monitor technical and operations KPIs and benchmark against offset well data and pre-defined well objectives.
- Communicate effectively with team members as needed, and make recommendations to drive flawless service delivery and operational excellence.
- Keep abreast of technological and engineering process advancements through affiliation with professional societies and participation in networks, workshops, seminars and training courses
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or scientific discipline from an accredited university or relevant industry experience within product line or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Strong relevant work experience
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills, including ability to synthesize complex topics into clear and simple messages.
- MS office suite, power BI or other analytical tools
- Excellent communication skills, tact and diplomacy to interface with various internal and external customers
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude and team player
- Excellent analytics and problem-solving, including ability to form hypotheses and move forward in the absence of complete information.
- Highly proactive and results oriented
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more