Our client is currently looking for a Lead Project Engineer (Calcite Program Lead) to work a full time permanent position in Sparwood, BC.
Reporting to the Manager Water Planning, the Lead Project Engineer (Calcite Program Lead) is responsible for establishing and maintaining the overall strategy to achieve calcite related commitments detailed in permit 107517 and Mine's Act permits. This position works with Environment and Social Responsibility personnel and Sites in addition to Water Quality Management and the clients Legal to establish and evaluate options that together form the Calcite Program and Execution Plan. Establishing buy-in for the plan and maintaining ongoing communication to ensure continued suitability and alignment are key functions of this role. Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Develop and maintain the Calcite Program and Calcite Execution Plan to achieve compliance (107517 and C-Permits) by 2024
- Identify the full range of risk exposures, and recommend and track actions to manage
- Communicate to establish buy-in for the plan and maintain organizational alignment
- Engage directly with regulatory agencies and the Ktunaxa Nation Council
- Work directly with Water Projects, Operations, and Monitoring to ensure execution of the Plan continues to meet commitments
- Meet and resolve challenges as they arise while adjusting required aspects to continue to meet permit compliance
- Lead continuous improvement in Calcite management
- Ensure effective Management of Change processes are employed
- Engage in the annual business planning cycle
- University Degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, or related field
- Minimum 10 years' experience focused on managing environment impacts in industrial settings
- A professional designation, or the ability to work towards one, in a related field would be considered an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite®: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Visio
- Direct experience in mining would be considered an asset
- Experience in program development and implementation would be an asset
- Experience in water, waste water, or environmental projects or operations would be an asset
- Strong communicator capable of connecting with all levels of the organization
- Ability to build and lead highly collaborative processes, with a focus on delivering value
- Experience with organizational dynamics and excellent conflict resolution skills
- Experience with identifying and managing risks across a range of categories
- Ability to build consensus and maintain alignment is an asset
- Motivated self-starter, with the ability to work under minimal supervision, and manage several priorities simultaneously
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment including leading change and making recommendations
Our client values diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. We respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.