At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
This is an opportunity to make an impact across the O&G industry in a fast-paced environment where rapid prototyping and experimentation are prized.Essential Responsibilities:
Lead Data Scientist role will be responsible for applying physics and data science modeling techniques to data that originates from the field, and returning results that deliver value to customers. The Lead Data Scientist will very closely work with subject matter experts, business analysts to rapidly understand the domain, and build, test and iterate the analyses and models to create high-fidelity solutions.
In the role of Lead Data Scientist, you will:
- Work closely with Subject Matter Experts to gain deep understanding of various business and operations related data sets
- Conceive, design and implement machine learning and advanced analytics solutions to improve various business KPIs
- Provide expertise in physics-based modeling
- Work with engineers and product managers to incorporate your analyses and solutions, including working with the visualization team to create intuitive UI and rich UX stories
- Communicate effectively with technical experts, business managers and customers
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across multiple offices and regions
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Civil or Mechanical Engineering with specific focus on physics-based modeling, machine learning or advanced data analytics from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 3 years' experience in Data Analytics or Engineering industry work experience using well-established supervised and unsupervised machine learning methods for large industry-strength data analysis problems
- Minimum 1 year of experience with frameworks and languages such as Python, MATLAB, or R
- MS or Ph.D. from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering with specific focus on physics-based modeling, machine learning, advanced data analytics or closely related quantitative discipline
- Experience using version control (Git, Mercurial, SVN, etc.) for collaborative code development
- Demonstrated awareness of how to succeed in ambiguous circumstances
- Ability to solve ordinary differential equation and partial differential equation
- Experience in physics based predictive modeling
- Experience with analytics development for industrial applications in a commercial setting
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication skills
- Fluent with software development best practices, including version control, documentation, testing and CI/CD
- Up to date with industry best practices for production-grade machine learning systems
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more