London, United Kingdom
London, United Kingdom
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: London, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Where you fit in
To provide anti-bribery and corruption (ABC), and anti-money laundering (AML) and trade compliance (TC) advice and training as a member of the specialist ABC/AML/TC team on a wide range of issues, primarily ABC, AML, TC compliance advice in respect of the Group E&C Manual. Knowledge and experience of international ABC, AML and TC laws including the FCPA, UKBA, POCA, and international sanctions regimes are required - fluency in English is essential and additional languages would be a distinct advantage.
What's the role?
Working with the other ABC/AML/TC lawyers in London, Houston, Perth, The Hague and elsewhere, you will be responsible for providing specialist ABC, AML, TC advice and support to Group companies on a wide range of issues, primarily ABC, AML, and TC compliance advice in respect of the E&C Manual and its procedures, due diligence questions and investigations
You will be advising independently on a wide range of ABC, AML, TC law issues and will be expected to have significant experience in this area. You will engage externally with other companies, associations and regulators to promote the rule of law through effective ABC, AML and TC standards, regulations and best practices
You will be the primary ABC/AML/TC lawyer for Shell's global Trading and Supply (T&S) business. You will act as the Shell Ethics and Compliance Office representative at T&S's High-Risk Committee
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential...
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
What we need from you
- Knowledge and experience of the principal international ABC, AML and TC laws, including the FCPA, UKBA, POCA, and international sanctions regimes required
- Experience with trading, supply and shipping contracts would be a distinct advantage
- Sound legal experience and a calm, confident and practical, solutions-oriented approach. Strong presentation skills and a good team player with the ability to interact effectively with clients at all levels in the Shell organisation and other lawyers, both in-house and in private practice here and abroad. Ability to work without daily supervision is essential
- Significant experience with business transactions, including New Business Development (NBD), Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) and Joint Ventures (JVs)
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video