Skills: Budget / Cost Control, Cost Engineer, Estimating
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Commerce City, Colorado, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
- Ensure estimates adhere to our estimating standards and procedures e.g. Asset Development and Execution Model (ADEM) standards and governance
- Work collaboratively with engineering house estimators and extended estimating teams
- Help with the development of a cohesive project team and support positive relationships with other groups such as the engineering contractor, construction, internal groups, contract resources and diverse groups related to the project
- Develop project estimates of all categories and in all project stages
- Generate and maintain all levels of estimates including pre-scoping, scoping, stage 2 concept selection, stage 3 front end engineering design, stage 4 detailed design and construction, and stage 5 benefit analysis
- Provide analyses on project cost variance to estimate, as required
- Maintain the cost estimate risk register for each project throughout the project lifecycle
- Ensure the project cost estimate basis is understood and in accordance with corporate financial guidance
- Understand the importance of scope definition, execution on project cost and identify and present key cost drivers for a project
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Five years of estimating experience including project estimating
- A High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Familiarity with Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS) and Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Experience in both brownfield and greenfield projects
- The ability to work on multiple estimates at a time
- A self-starter who can work with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong initiative, interpersonal and organizational skills
- A Bachelor's degree or a Technical diploma
- Functional knowledge in Aspen-tech In Plant Estimator estimating program
- The ability to work with team members to produce estimating deliverables in a timely manner
- The drive to provide personal and technical mentorship to junior staff members and extended teams
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and you're able to collaborate with diverse groups in order to achieve the best results and deliver the most value
- A highly motivated individual who is committed to providing outstanding customer service
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects in over forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national corporations, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information on how Petroplan can help you, please feel free to visit our About Us page here; https://www.petroplan.com/about/
Petroplan is an established Global Recruitment Organization supplying technical manpower and administrative services to the oil, gas and petro-chemical industries. Formed in 1976, Petroplan has over three decades’ experience and knowledge of global staffing markets to support feasibility studies through engineering and construction to ongoing operations and maintenance contracts.
Petroplan holds major global supply agreements with leading oil, gas and chemical operators and main contractors on a sole or preferred supplier basis. Our network of offices and strategic partner organizations provide on-the-ground support for clients and contracted individuals and teams in over 30 worldwide locations.
Our key discipline areas, which we regularly recruit for our clients, cover all phases of oil and gas exploration, production and refining projects:
Please visit us at www.petroplan.com for further information on our services and current vacancies.