Responsible for providing Rotating Equipment expertise to projects or operations, including maintenance, inspection and turnaround, proactively interacting with other disciplines, teams, subfunctions and contractors to systematically resolve problems and applying sound engineering judgement to drive integrated, pragmatic solutions focused on risk management, operating efficiency, defect elimination and standardisation.Rotating Equipment Engineer
The Rotating Equipment Engineer is responsible for providing Rot. Eq. Engineering Expertise to the delivery of PTA , PX and Acetyls licenses and BP growth projects.Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide HSSEQ leadership in all activities
- Provide Rot. Eq. engineering expertise during development and Appraise/Select stage of major capital projects in the form of:
- Site assessments visits
- Support JV meetings
- Appraise stage technical assessments
- Technology options assessments and interfacing with contractors during Select.
- Providing requested PTA and PX technical information to licensing Proposal Manager/clients
- Work collaboratively with Process Eng., Mechanical Eng., Reliability Eng., and A&A China Eng. teams for the delivery of projects and manufacturing site support
- Support PetChem supplier qualification work and maintain the list of qualified suppliers for major PTA equipment.
- Preferred Mid-Career with 5 to 10 years of experience in Rotating Equipment in Chemical or Petrochemical processing.
- A track record involving delivery in projects, technology, manufacturing and reliability.
- Proven ability to effectively influence management at business unit, project and site level.
- Experience in an aromatic acid process, i.e. PTA, PX, PIA, Acetyls, would be considered a major advantage.
- Experience in overhaul, repair and reliability upgrades of rotating equipment is desired.
- Fluent in English
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- BS in Mech. Eng. or equivalent is considered a minimum. A higher-level degree would be considered an advantage.
- Safety leadership - a role model for personal and process safety
- Track record of technical excellence and delivery in technology and manufacturing environments
- Creates innovative strategies and solutions to technical challenges
- Strives for breakthroughs as well as incremental solutions in both technical and work processes
- Proven capability to work and network across a range of technical functions, multi-cultural and geographical extended settings, including interface role with manufacturing
- In depth knowledge of rotating equipment, Mechanical Engineering Principles, processes required to repair rotating equipment. Specific knowledge of rotating equipment in applications for PTA technology is considered a plus
- Working knowledge of mechanics (kinematics, dynamics), thermodynamics, fluid dynamics and of strength and properties of materials
- Uses impact and influence skills effectively to gain support for ideas from others including contractors, vendors and BP
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills