Skills: Accounting, IT - Analysis & Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: London, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
About the role
Unprecedented challenges are faced by multinationals in the global tax environment with demands for greater transparency and cross border reporting. Taxing authorities are moving to digital based compliance and increasingly require real time access to accounting and transactional data as governments try to close the perceived tax gap.
BP has embarked on an ambitious plan to modernize and transform using digital technologies to drive efficiency, effective and new business models.
As an IT Service Portfolio Owner you are accountable for building and running our strategic Tax IT Services. You choose, implement and own the Tax platforms that will ensure BP meets these new challenges.Why you matter
You will operate in a dynamic and commercially focused environment, with the resources of one of the world's largest IT departments and the best IT vendors at your fingertips. You are confident working across cultures and can help make sure the voice of each team member is heard. You will:
• Develop strategy, roadmap and demand pipeline for BP's tax solutions taking input from the global tax function and the wider IT organisation.
• Design and recruit the new BP Tax IT organisation
• Embed a culture of automation and fast paced delivery within all your teams and encourage sharing learning between teams.
• Operation, enhancement and evolution of Tax IT solutions
Team: Growing and developing the capability of your team to deliver the most agile and commercially cost-effective products is one of your top priorities. You will build and lead a team of Service Owners who are empowered and accountable. Demonstrated leadership through delegation, motivation and trust are expected of every leader at BP. Your success lies in enabling your Service Owners to be effective. You will not just lead, but you will "do". Our culture is exploring, thinking and doing. You will live this every single day.
Safety and Compliance: Safety of our people and our customers is our No. 1 priority. You will advocate and lead in this and promote a culture of safety and security in everything that we do.
Relationships: You will act as the main interface for all facets of IT for Tax, integrating the IT services under your direct control with those from other areas of IT&S. The role requires thought leadership, and the ability to influence and inspire change in a positive and impactful way. Internal IT relationships are equally as meaningful.
Investment & Delivery: You will seek investment to grow, renew and optimise your Services; making the case for funding, and then delivering sustainable change. We typically use DevOps teams - you build it, you run it.
Technology: You will be supported by an architecture function which will partner with you to build a strategy and plan for your portfolio. You will enable your Service Owners drive re-use of technology, choosing BP's common platforms wherever possible and promoting business process consolidation. They will drive automation of business and IT process to reduce costs. You will support and empower them in that.
Leading change: Every Service has a lifecycle, and a strategy from inception through to retirement. You will build a consistent strategy across your portfolio which aligns with and drives both business and IT strategies. If demand for your products is growing, then you should seek investment to support the demand. Where an opportunity is seen to eliminate or merge services, you should drive those changes, doing the right thing for BP.
Two of the following:
• Experience running a large IT operations function - responsible for delivering reliable and commercially efficient operations at scale
• Experience of a senior IT business interface role - successfully balancing business demands with enterprise drivers, being the face of IT to the business
• Experience of leading major IT projects - securing investment, running governance, selecting solutions and vendors, planning, and running through to operations.
• A deep understanding of Tax or Finance processes and technology requirements - including the opportunities digital technology offers these functions
• A real passion for technology and its power to drive business efficiency, value and innovation
• Experience leading large diverse teams with a focus on growing and developing talent and building an inclusive culture
• Experience in managing vendors and relationships in both matrix and line management models in a geographically diverse environment