Skills: Instrumentation Technician
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for an Instrument Technician, on a permanent staff basis, location Offshore - Central North Sea.
The role of an Instrument Technician is to complete planned routine maintenance, fault diagnostics and corrective maintenance of all instrumentation. Effective maintenance of instrumentation allows company to meet safety and business targets to allow delivery of increased uptime and reliability
- Contributes to a culture of continuous HSSE performance improvement.
- Ensure that Instrument Maintenance activities on the Platforms fully comply with company practices including safe systems of work.
- Actively contribute to assist the Maintenance Team achieve outstanding performance in meeting company HES Targets
- Complete routine maintenance, fault diagnosis and corrective maintenance on all types of Instrumentation.
- Ensure Safety Critical Routines are completed on time and compliance targets are met.
- Carry out front line maintenance on all Instrumentation.
- Where defects are identified ensure a work orders are raised.
- Ensure work of specialist vendors conforms to company procedures.
- Assist Operations Technicians as required.
- Completion of comprehensive shift handovers
- Record detailed daily logs on the status of equipment that has been worked on
- Ensure compliance with offshore maintenance plans.
- Contribute towards optimisation of maintenance and minimise equipment downtime by critically assessing maintenance practices with the Maintenance Team Leader
- Complete detailed end of trip handover in compliance with company Handover Procedures
- Maintain Cost Control by ensuring effective Maintenance is being carried out
- Demonstrate an active performance mindset to others within maintenance team, focus behaviours on safe working and optimising maintenance against key targets under the direction of the Maintenance Team Leader
- Completion of a recognised Instrument and Process Control Apprenticeship - SVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- HNC in Engineering: Instrumentation and Process Control
- Minimum Industry Safety Training (MIST)
- Complex: Ex01-04
- Small Bore Tubing (SBT001)
- Experience in a similar role
- Previous Experience working on a fixed installation preferred
- Experience of work on all types Fire and Gas Equipment
- Experience of Pressure Testing / Working with Pressure
- Experience of investigating / repairing / replacing Control Valves
- Experience of investigating / repairing / replacing basic instrumentation (Pressure/Level/Temperature/Flow)
Specialised job knowledge:
- Experience of working with Turbine Control Systems
- Experience of working with Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
- Experience of working with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Experience of working with Subsea Control Systems