BP AGT (Azerbaijan Georgia Turkey) is looking for Regulatory Compliance and Permitting Advisor who will be responsible for maintenance of relations with environmental regulator as well as representing BP in external events; Coordination of environmental permitting. Supporting HSE Regulatory Compliance and Environmental Management System. The role holder will report to Regulatory Compliance and Permitting Team Leader.Key Accountabilities:
- Design environmental external relations long term strategy.
- Coordinate environmental permitting.
- Foster relationship, develop and maintain programmes/projects for cooperation and capacity building of environmental stakeholders.
- Maintain database on relevant External Stakeholders/organisations.
- Coordinate company correspondence with external governmental organisations (including review and editing in English and Azerbaijan Languages).
- Provide support to HSE Legal and Regulatory Compliance Requirements review process.
- Participate in Regulator Compliance and ISO 14001 Audits.
- Coordinate meetings with environmental government stakeholders and related internal meetings.
- Cover BP Environmental Management System relevant questions during external events.
- Prepare Minutes of relevant internal and external meetings.
- Tracking/follow up external communication commitments and issues.
- Providing support on processing of environmental regular reporting , incidents reporting to environmental regulator and other relevant bodies.
- Develop and maintain procedures relevant to company HSE Compliance Management in AGT Region up to date
- Provide support to GPO and Exploration teams during public consultation of environmental documents.
- Review, editing and comment draft environmental/permitting documents before issue externally.
- Support C&EA (Communications and External Affairs team) during events organizing, work with external stakeholders.
- Prepare weekly highlights relevant to environmental permitting and regulatory compliance.
Essential experience and requirements:
- University degree on technical/Environment/Life sciences.
- Azerbaijani citizenship is required
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Oil and Gas industry.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills in Azerbaijani and English languages
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in the areas of relationship;
- Work with team members and external sources to deliver to tight timescales;
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to show a successful track record of achievements against targets;
- Working knowledge of AGT (Azerbaijan Georgia Turkey) assets, their location and functional purposes.