The Engineering Finance Analyst
will be key to supporting the Global Technology COE's within BKR HQ in ensuring Financial, Controllership and operational excellence. This role needs to work cross functionally, cross product company and within HQ to ensure accurate and robust reporting, forecasting and analysis for these COE's. This role will also manage complex issues within the functional area of expertise, be involved in short and long-term planning and contribute to execution of the overall strategy.Essential Responsibilities:In the role of Engineering Finance Analyst, you will be responsible for:
Controllership & Compliance:
- Responsible for driving financial accounting compliance, implementation of operational internal controls & simplification of process in line with local statutory laws and GAPs, Baker Hughes GAP, US GAAP
- Drive Controllership rhythm on all Finance Activities & Documentation for compliance to BKR Corporate & Business practices, policies & requirements.
- Ensure smooth monthly/quarterly close process including account reconciliations, account reconciliation audits, Corporate Data Request (DR) submissions, and representation letters and adjusting entries.
- Support in evaluation and implementation of local accounting and statutory changes.
- Establish standard operating procedures (SOPs) for operational and transactional processes impacting the financial statements, including closing, reporting and analysis
- Support in all audit queries from external third-party auditors, Internal auditors and Global teams for internal compliance reviews and financial audits. Drive closure of open audit issues and proactively work to prevent future issues / manage risk.
- Ensure a smooth B2P, R2R, I2C and Vat ops processes collaborating continuously with the teams
- Support business stakeholders; and cross functional leaders/teams in driving process improvements and simplification leading to leaner processes and in any new business initiatives and expansion
- Responsible for planning & budgeting, finance reviews with key stakeholders across various businesses on revenue, expense and headcount variance analysis monthly/quarterly.
- Manage financial reporting cycle on all aspects of business on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. Ensure accurate accounting by the B2P, R2R and O2C team.
- Regular finance metrics summary to COE leaders
- Support Business leader in all planned Engineering business strategy and ensure smooth execution on Finance front across various BKR product lines with efficient finance processes and costing in place
- Support India Finance leader in areas of India Engineering team consolidation & finance process streamlining
- Work cross functionally with key departments
- Drive and support ERP planning, implementation ensuring internal controls in the system.
- Continue teaming up with the Engineering operations to leverage best synergies across teams.
- Ensure timely accounting, payments and billing with continuous coordination with the finance operations teams.
- Ensure regular rhythm for base cost spend analysis and effective cost management across all engineering teams
- Ensure accurate cost charge to HQ and regular review rhythm to ensure billing within planned rates
- Responsible for all local statutory reporting and filings as required and governed by SEZ laws, Export promotional council and payroll statutory compliances as applicable to the local site.
- Ensure GST tax compliance process for the business
- Ensure continuous financial analysis of balance sheet accounts to ensure compliance, integrity of account balances/financial reporting and simplification.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university or college
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Finance or graduate of a Finance leadership training program
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to interact with members of the Executive+ management team
- Experience in Operational Finance / FP&A
- Strong analytical skills
Experience in MS Office Suite and Oracle Hyperion
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more