The Buyer demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will use your experience or expertise to execute and solve problems, and effect short-term and some long-term business goals.Essential Responsibilities
- Negotiate the best commercial and technical package for Projects and Production procurement requirements.
- Support the business team in ensuring that quotes needed are collected in a timely manner.
- Work with allocated key suppliers to improve On Time Delivery and Quality statistics to target levels.
- Assist in the preparation of a weekly sourcing report.
- Actively participate in appraisal performance reviews of commodity buyers.
- Provide technical / commercial assistance to Commodity Buyers to develop awareness of manufacturing processes and improve product knowledge.
- Actively participate in the setting up of Frame Agreements when and where required.
- Provide timely and effective communication of issues to the department manager.
- Assist in the continuous development of the Procurement function towards best practice.
- Identify and deliver value-adding opportunities from the supply chain.
- Take initiatives to clarify requirements for purchase orders and/or contracts.
- Participate in EHS/HSE program and proactively involve in improving EHS/HSE Culture in Batam Site
- Involve in EHS/HSE Framework 2.0 program
HSE & Quality Stop WorkPrincipal Accountabilities:
- Purchase order creation as per demand.
- ERP /System Knowledge
- Basic Product Knowledge
- Supplier On time delivery
- Cost reduction focus
- Bachelor's Degree with at least 2-3 years of Supply Chain/Sourcing experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to be a self-starter and team-builder.
- Ability to work cross- functionally.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under tight time deadlines, with frequently changing priorities and sometimes-high stress levels.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and ability to work as a team.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Highly motivated team member / leader
- Ability to make formal and appealing presentations
- Ability to effectively manage changing and conflicting priorities and resolve appropriately
- Ability to anticipate customer needs and ensure that they are met.
- Oracle/PO Creation System Knowledge
- ERP System Knowledge
- Product& BOM Specification Knowledge
- Vendor Management Skill
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more