Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Responsible for developing and managing all aspects of Baker Hughes Global Ethics and Compliance Program for the Region
This position supports China, Japan and Korea ("Region") and manages Legal Compliance activities in the Region.
Key Functions :
- Serves as the first point of contact on a priority basis, regardless of time zone, with respect to all ethics and legal compliance issues arising in the Region ensuring legal governance.
- Monitors compliance risk and ensures that the Global Compliance Leader and CCO are immediately aware of significant ethics and legal compliance issues that may arise in the Region.
- Coordinates closely with Region Leadership and Region Counsel.
- Promotes a comprehensive compliance program suitable for the needs of the Region and provides strategic business advice to internal clients regarding compliance issues, thereby driving a completely compliant culture.
- Advises Region Leadership on legal risks and exposures. Monitor new laws, rules and regulations relevant to Baker Hughes and the Region.
- Advises business teams in areas that potentially affect Baker Hughes' position in investigations, litigation, transactional and other legal matters.
- Takes appropriate steps to design, implement, or modify Baker Hughes Ethics and Legal Compliance Program as applied to the Region to minimize and mitigate compliance risk and stay current with local and international laws.
- Actively promotes the Ethics and Legal Compliance Program as a competitive advantage among customers, local communities and other stakeholders.
- Develops legal compliance risk assessment and gap analysis protocol for the Region.
Training & Communication:
- Oversees, plans and participates in ethics and compliance educational efforts in the Region.
- Develops customized, interactive education and training programs for particular business units or categories of employees in the Region tailored to local laws, regional need, trend analysis and/or risk assessment.
- Advises HR in developing and implementing compliance content for new employee orientation programs in the Region.
- Ensures (i) that there are regular communications on ethics and compliance topics in the Region, including the presentation of compliance issues at Regional/ Geomarket management meetings; (ii) the consistent application of compliance laws and Baker Hughes' Code of Conduct requirements in the Region.
Third Party Management & Due Diligence:
- Manages, reviews, and/or approves the engagement of Third Parties under Baker Hughes' policies.
- Provides ethics and legal compliance due diligence support for any acquisitions and divestitures.
Compliance Transactional Clauses:
- Reviews contracts and agreements for compliance related clauses in the context of M&A, customer, third party and vendor agreements. Supports Trade Compliance on Anti-Boycott reviews.
Policies & Guidelines:
- Communicates, facilitates and implements Baker Hughes Guidelines pertaining to Business Courtesies and charitable contributions.
- Assists in the development, drafting, and implementation of new ethics and compliance policies and procedures required in the Region.
Open Reporting & Investigations:
- Facilitates open reporting by employees by promoting an open environment and communicating all reporting channels.
- Leads, participates in and/or supports ethics and legal compliance related investigations that arise in the Region and ensuring matters are closed in a timely manner.
- Leads the oversight of implementing any remedial actions arising out of investigations.
- Excellent analytical ability, legal drafting and negotiation skills.
- Proficient and effective communication skills in both oral and written form, including strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to travel up to 15/20%.
- Ability to speak multiple languages a plus.
- Ability to work in a complex international environment.
- Experience in an international oil and gas setting is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills and a well developed sense of humor.
- An exemplary commitment to integrity and professionalism and a passion for excellence.
- Substantial experience working with different cultures and an open and tolerant mind with respect to diversity.
- +10 years practicing attorney experienced in a corporate law department or law firm, with specific experience in the legal compliance
- Law degree from an ABA-accredited law school or international equivalent.
- Beijing/Shanghai , China
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more