Skills: Production Operator
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Kumbarilla, Queensland, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Make a difference
If you're a Wellsite Operator with experience in ensuring safe and efficient operation of wells, then this role is a chance to develop your technical skills whilst working for an industry leader that is committed to prioritising your safety.
What's the role?
The Wellsite Operator is a key role in our Shell operated QGC project based at our southern operations in the Dalby region, Queensland. In this position you will be responsible for the safe operations of wells and the associated gathering systems in a specific geographical area. The role will have a strong focus on operational excellence and maximising well availability, while remaining compliant within the emissions and environmental framework. The roster for this position is: 15 days on 13 days off, working 10 hours per day.
Some of the key deliverables and responsibilities of this role are:
- Safe handling of hydrocarbons and working under the relevant regulatory and safe operating standards
- Contribute to a team culture that is committed to achieving safe and optimised production.
- Collate and monitor information from wells and gathering systems in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain assurance of asset integrity of the wells & gathering Infrastructure.
- Monitor work place to mitigate and rectify any hazards.
- Broad knowledge of relevant regulatory conditions and endorse a culture that reports on non-compliance.
Your interest in working for Shell Australia is the first step towards a great career that focuses on securing an energy future for generations to come. Shell Australia can offer you a platform from which you can propel your career and work on projects as diverse as the game-changing Prelude FLNG, industry-leading QGC project in Queensland, or our range of upstream exploration and development opportunities. Shell has been in Australia since 1901. Today Shell Australia is focused largely in the upstream sector, especially in the exploration, development and production of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and oil.
What we need from you:
- Strong commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Prior experience in the Coal Seam Gas industry with a focus on wellsite operations.
- Self-starter with the ability to work autonomously.
- Competent in risk identification and management.
- Experience in the operation of gas fired engines, hydraulic motors and pumps.
- Certificate III in Process Plant Operations.
- Open C class driving license and proactively endorse safe driving behaviours.
- Proficient in MS Office applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience in SAP and Maximo is desirable.
- E-Vison Permit Holder experience is desirable.
If you have these skills, relevant qualifications, competencies relevant to the petroleum, gas and energy sector we would love to hear from you.
Aboriginal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
At Shell we believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We understand that the more diverse the workforce, the wider the variety of ideas we bring to the table. Shell values diversity and offers: flexible work schedules, work and family programs, health and wellness programs, employee networks and mentoring, plus great training and development
The successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video