Job Description Make a differenceIf you're a Gas Plant Operator with experience in ensuring safe and efficient gas processing, then this role is a chance to develop your technical skills whilst working for an industry leader that is committed to prioritising your safety. What's the role?
In this position you will be responsible for safe and efficient gas processing, through the control of compressor facilities and various plant equipment. You will provide frontline plant surveillance and defect recognition while maintaining a strong focus on ensuring safe production. The roster for this position is: 15 days on 13 days off, working 12 hours per day or night.
Some of the key deliverables and responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Monitor baseline maintenance of compressor stations to ensure the high availability of the compressor sets and plant equipment, as well as effective metering and pressure regulation.
- Complete area surveillance and rectify (to level of competence) and/or report safety, environmental, maintenance and production issues, ensuring that all identified defects are appropriately documented in the relevant registers and databases.
- Participate in condition monitoring and predictive maintenance programs, ensuring compliance to manufacturer's guidelines.
- Conduct careful observation of maintenance agreements and warranties.
- Maintain operational support for emergency response equipment as required.
Your interest in working for Shell Australia is the first step towards a great career that focuses on securing an energy future for generations to come. Shell Australia can offer you a platform from which you can propel your career and work on projects as diverse as the game-changing Prelude FLNG, industry-leading QGC project in Queensland, or our range of upstream exploration and development opportunities. Shell has been in Australia since 1901. Today Shell Australia is focused largely in the upstream sector, especially in the exploration, development and production of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and oil.Requirements What we need from you:
- Certificate III in Gas Plant Operations.
- Demonstrated experience in gas plant, refinery or petrochemical operations.
- Permit Authority Certificate is desirable and/or an understanding of control of work /permit to work on facilities.
- Experience with writing/amending standard operating procedures.
- Experience in high pressure gas operations.
- Experience in basic workplace reporting.
- Knowledgeable in risk assessment and evaluation.
- Proficient in MS Office applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience in SAP and Maximo is desirable.
If you have these skills, relevant qualifications, competencies relevant to the petroleum, gas and energy sector we would love to hear from you.Disclaimer
Aboriginal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
At Shell we believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We understand that the more diverse the workforce, the wider the variety of ideas we bring to the table. Shell values diversity and offers: flexible work schedules, work and family programs, health and wellness programs, employee networks and mentoring, plus great training and development
The successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.