Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Moscow, Russia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Sourcing Quality Engineer within OFE team is a crucial role to identify and to perform qualification of the potential vendors for local manufacturing and fabrication of the complex subsea equipment. Also, this role is extremely important to ensure quality during the whole fabrication process.
- Perform fab sites qualifications, making assessments of fabrication facilities and release qualification reports;
- Perform quality control inspection activities including NDE (MPI, LPI, Hardness, UT and Dimension check) to verify and assure compliance with Company specifications and requirements;
- Perform site inspections, in-process inspection and final release inspection activities and to create and maintain records of such activities;
- Perform witness and verification of undergoing acceptance testing and to review results of such tests for compliance with requirements;
- Develop and maintain accurate and up to date records of inspection results;
- Maintenance and handover of completed and QC verified documentation as evidence of product compliance;
- Identification and appropriate labelling of non-conforming product to prevent it's unintended utilization;
- Raising and closing down of rejection reports (GRRs) to facilitate the control and rework of non-conforming product;
- Ensure good housekeeping of dedicated working areas;
- Ensure active participation on mandatory EHS trainings and events;
- Follow EHS rules and warn others to follow the rules;
- Immediately report any incidents and near misses to the on-site EHS Specialist;
- Understand overall regional sourcing/quality strategies and respective strategy for assigned commodities; proactively drive initiatives to meet the objectives;
- Identify and qualify new suppliers; act in accordance with the Company policies;
- Assess supplier capabilities and make recommendations on supplier acceptability;
- Implement sourcing standards including process & execution;
- Preparation and release of RFQ (Request for quotation) packages inline with ITO team;
- Analyze suppliers' proposals (quality, price, capacity);
- Work to prepare and execute purchasing contracts, place/approve Purchase Orders (PO), Contracts timely and obtain PO acknowledgements from Suppliers, track contract fulfillment;
- Drive productivity opportunities with supply base to capture additional cost out;
- Write reports to track savings, contract & PO activity, and supplier performance;
- Analyze and track Supplier promise date accuracy and develop reports to ensure Supplier promise date accuracy;
- Drive effective recovery plans;
- Consider & drive new synergies and cost out opportunities;
- Timely communicate with respective BH product line leaders to fulfill their G&O, ensure early involvement to BH strategic projects, demand planning etc.
- Experience in quality engineering or similar position is a must
- Minimum 5 years' experience in oil and gas sphere or equivalent manufacturing business is a must
- Fluent knowledge of Russian and English is a must
- Has a deep understanding of International and Russian Standards requirements and capability to perform inspection of the processes and equipment as per the requirements.
- Experience with subsea equipment is preferable
- Knowledge of a basic understanding of manufacturing principles and processes. Prior experience in repetitive manufacturing operations is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
- Proven ability to influence and motivate others
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement
- Knowledge of key project management and services processes
- Available to travel at short notice
- Exposure to both local and foreign corporate cultures
- In depth knowledge of Quality Control techniques and the use if metrology equipment.
- Capable of understanding, interpreting and applying manufacturing drawings and specifications.
- Understanding of welding processes and associated quality control requirements.
- Capable of understanding, interpreting amd creating by its own Inspection & Test Plans (ITPs).
- Good interpersonal skills, able to work either as a team or individually.
- Has a good understanding of and a thorough approach to organizing and maintaining document control systems.
- PC literate: Uses PC packages to ensure that administration required by contract/ Business Team is efficient and effective. Word, Excel, Project, PIMS, Oracle etc.·
- Has a good understanding of sourcing and procurement processes.
- Is competent in planning / scheduling of requirements and date control. Ability to effectively communicate with production, engineering, customer service, sales, and external customers.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more