Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Technician
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Job Title: Mechanical Operations Technician
Ref No: 15689
Start Date: 03/01/20
Worley is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Ops Technician for Total.
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate to join our offshore team on the Culzean
Key aims and objectives:
Successful candidate will be a fully experienced member of the O&M team with special responsibility for executing the safe and cost effective maintenance (both planned and corrective) of all mechanical plant and equipment as well as performing selected operating duties including Operations and appropriate isolations under Control of Work.
- Responsible, through their line management, for the optimised and safe running of the Facilities
- Position of Mechanical Operations Technician as part of Core Crew on agreed rotation
- Provide exemplary performance in the areas of both safety and business performance delivery
- Support planning of safe and cost effective activity of all associated plant and equipment
- Commitment to Incident Free operations and actively promote within their team
- Actively support a working environment based on respect for health, safety and environmental issues and supporting the development of a high level of asset integrity and reliability in the design to deliver Operational Excellence in subsequent Operations
- Encourage good, open communication promoting ownership, engagement and adherence to values
- Carry out additional duties, e.g. first aid, coxswain, mercury and other associated Meter user/readers associated with the role
- Be aware of and practice fully the requirement for Operating Discipline in completing all work
- Implement all relevant policies and procedures as defined within the Operating Management System (OMS)
- Adhere working to a Safe System of Work and ISSOW
- Understand and undertake the role of competent persons including being an isolating authority required for your role
- Requirement to deliver as Performing Authority within Control of Work process
- Plan, prepare, execute and close out all Mechanical & Operations work as defined in the Maintenance Management System and asset plans.
- Liaise directly with the asset planners and immediate supervisors to ensure that the asset 2 week forward plans are achievable for own discipline and consistent with the safe operating principles.
- Operate and maintain all plant and equipment for the asset operation
- Working with the asset engineers carry out fault finding, rectifying and repairing to the required standard. Prepare and complete all necessary paperwork associated with the client's requirements relative to control of work and safe operating practices. E.g. GOC certification, operating procedures, risk assessments and any other associated documentation.
- Co-ordinate spare parts requirements and the optimization of Mechanical and Operational spares stock levels.
- Minimise downtime and contribute to the achievement of production targets and key performance indicators
- Act as a single point of contact for vendors executing work on the facility, including the Preparation of Work Control Certificate's (Permits) and ICC's (Isolations), that any spares required are on board and the work is ready to be executed
- Be prepared to assist all other trades within capability in the performance of safe operations
- Deliver full compliance with the OMS, Golden Rules and Site Safety Standard.
- Maintain data quality in creating work requests and closing out work
- Progress/maintain all required job competencies as per training and competency matrix
- Recognise and assist solving equipment reliability issues where required using CI to enhance working processes and effectiveness
- Capable of carrying out general repairs, fault finding, servicing, installation, commissioning of, but not limited to, the following: Centrifugal and reciprocating air compressors, positive displacement pumps, lube oil systems, diesel engines and generators, ventilation systems and fans, winches, cranes and air hoists, firefighting systems, pumps, sprinklers and portable equipment
- Ensure a clear and concise crew change handover
- Be responsible for the safe and efficient carrying out and accurate recording of testing and pre-commissioning of Mechanical equipment and plant, compiling punch lists/as build drawings as necessary
- Assist in writing and reviewing task specific procedures, operating procedures and work packs as requested
- Train to and perform roles as required by the Worley's training matrix and client Emergency Response Plans
- Provide input into the Client Safety systems including Intervention and Traction
- Act as member of the emergency control team or fire team as appropriate. Responsibilities defined in the Emergency Response Plan
All candidates should hold the following Qualifications & certification:
- N/SVQ Process Engineering Maintenance and Process Level 3 or equivalent
- Technical apprenticeship or equivalent training scheme
- Related technical qualification, ideally HNC
- Appropriate NVQ/SVQ certification
- BOSIET/Approved Offshore Medical/MIST
Ideally, candidates will also have the following experience:
- Proven offshore maintenance experience and consistently good performance, holding a senior maintenance technician position on a producing facility for a significant period.
- Prior CMMS experience advantageous