Baker Hughes has an opening for a Lead Technical Support Engineer (m/f/d) driving easy and flawless operational execution into the next generation of Logging While Drilling technology. This position is part of our Central Service Delivery Group in the Celle Technology Center. It is an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic team of Logging While Drilling (LWD) professionals in the Drilling Services Product Line. This position offers exposure to the most advanced LWD services in the industry along with excellent networking and development opportunities.Essential Responsibilities:
- Supports advanced LWD services starting with quad combo services (gamma ray, resistivity, density & porosity, acoustic, extra deep azimuthal resistivity).
- Measures, analyses, investigates unusual product performance and pro-actively provides requirements for modifications to existing products to improve overall drilling and logging efficiency.
- Monitors product tests and makes recommendations on system configuration and operating parameters to rig personnel.
- Provides and maintains technical documentation.
- Interfaces as SME with clients, geoscience, operations, marketing, engineering and training.
- Acts as focal point for regional Technical Support Groups for advanced LWD services and deliverables.
- Provides technical guidance to junior engineers and supports their technical development.
- Handles special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in related subject.
- Strong LWD field experience running and/or supporting triple combo and acoustic services.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to relate and communicate with all levels of stakeholders.
- Excellent presentation and solution selling skills, proficient in written and oral communication in English.
- Resilient and driven attitude towards challenges.
- Good technical writing skills and a passion for knowledge transfer.
- A proven ability to recognise, analyse and solve technical issues, coupled with a process oriented working style.
- The ability to work well both independently and in collaboration with other teams.
- Experience in Operations Technical Support and/or Remote Operation Support.
- Experience developing and implementing quality or other standards.
- Both on- and off-shore experience preferred.
- Prior operations experience with acoustic (SoundTrak™) and deep resistivity (VisiTrak™) services.
- Previous experience writing technical documentation is desirable.
- Working knowledge of other Drilling Services products would be also desirable.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more