A position has arisen for an Electro-Mechanical Technician to join our team at our Portlethen, Barclayhill Place Facility. Our team of technicians are involved in the hands-on repair & maintenance activities on the BH Drilling Systems Tool Suite and/or Surface Equipment. The team work together and their main duties include disassembly / assembly / inspection & testing in accordance with controlled / documented procedures, across both mechanical & electronic disciplines.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to join the Oil & Gas industry, utilise a recent NC / HNC/D for example or apply your mechanical and/or electrical skills within a new field. Essential Responsibilities:
- Disassembly & reassembly of products in accordance to technical drawings
- Inspection & testing of products in accordance with controlled & documented procedures
- Be comfortable working across both Mechanical and Electrical (support provided to those with a bias towards one and willing to cross train)
- You will follow all established re-manufacturing procedures and processes to ensure consistent, reliable, quality end product.
- Work to/from engineering drawings, following formal procedures & maintenance practices ensuring quality end product to our customers.
- Produce equipment which complies with BH Drilling Systems workmanship standards and specifications.
- Document, report and record all maintenance findings and test results in company supported databases to support & aid maintenance functions & product development.
- Conduct all duties in strict accordance with applicable HS&E regulations and policies ensuring company corporate citizen responsibilities are full filled.
- Any other duties as required / assigned by Maintenance Manager / Supervisor as appropriate.
- Proven background in Troubleshooting, Testing, and Assembly & Dis-assembly of electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Basic skills with soldering and assembling of electro/mechanical devices including the use of general mechanical measuring devices.
- Proficient in the use of Electronic multimeters, meggers, hi-pot testers, & other general instruments.
- Proficient in the use of Mechanical calipers, micrometers, & other general measuring devices.
- Ability to read, interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, assembly prints, and parts lists.
- Applicants should possess a nationally recognized qualification in a Mechanical and/or Electronic discipline e.g. HNC, Modern Apprenticeship or similar technical qualification.
- Proven technical skills gained through relevant industrial experience.
- General technical knowledge in fluid power technology, AC/DC circuits, and electro/mechanical devices.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Barclayhill, Portlethen, Aberdeen, UK
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more