Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai, China
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Control Engineer provides technical support on GE Control Systems and on PLC platform based software, to assist Field Service Engineers and Customer in troubleshooting and develops regional presence to get closer to Site and Customer.
- Develops practical and innovative ways to identify and meet goals. Is responsible for work that is less defined in scope and has the understanding and experience to execute business objectives. This role has the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals
- Executes the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned cases using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product/program requirements.
- Provides technical leadership in supporting our internal customers such as PM, CPM and FSE organization.
- Documents technical data generated for customer queries consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Provides timely communications on significant issues or developments
- Participate in customer meetings addressing issues with high quality response
- Participate as a presenter RCA for the issues required by service requests
- Possess Extensive knowledge and Experience in GE various Frames of HD & Aeroderivative Gas Turbine
- Possess extensive experience with Mark V, Mark Ve, Mark VI and Mark Vie, and anti-surge technologies and products
- Bachelor of Engineering in Control & Instrumentation/Electronics/Electrical stream with 10-15 years' experience on GE Speedtronic Control Systems such as Mark V, Mark VI and Mark Vie, other than PLC software development minimum on two of the following technologies:
- GE Intelligent Platform RX systems
- Allen Bradley ControlLogix Systems
- Invensys Triconex
- Woodward Micronet and on Operator Interface software development such as GE Cimplicity HMI and/or Wonderware InTouch and/or Citect
- Ready to travel on short notice 25 to 40% of the time
- Availability to work during weekends for emergency technical support
Strong technical attitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• PC proficiency
- DLE mapper certification
Location: Shanghai, China
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more