Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Brussels, Belgium
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Role: Senior Civil Structural Engineer
Duration: 12 months contract
Location: Brussels, Belgium
• Supervising and coaching the Civil and Structural project team(s),
• Monitor planning, scope, budgets and schedule,
• Prepare Documents (Work descriptions, Reports, BOD's, PEP's, etc.),
• Prepare and check calculations, reports, drawings, etc.
• Attend meetings (internal and with clients),
• Attend site visits
• Preparation of material take off
• Recognised Civil or Structural Engineering degree
• 10+ years' experience within structural engineering
• Relevant oil and gas engineering experience in the petrochemical and onshore industry with expertise in
• Experience in concrete, steel and buildings
• Extensive design and analysis experience of onshore structures,
• Sound understanding of international design codes
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and previous experience with presentations
• To clients and colleagues
• Fluent French Speaking
Specifications concerning the work activities:
•• High level of Safety Awareness.
•• Good English communication skills, both written and verbal. Dutch/French is also a strong preference.
•• Pro-active attitude. Maintains effective communication with project team members and all stakeholders.
•• Experienced in civil/structural engineering and design in the Petro-Chemical Industries with expertise in dynamic and geological assessments.
•• Can prepare and check dynamic calculation for foundations and support structures (concrete table tops) of large compressors and pumps. Dynamic analyses of blast proof buildings like control rooms and sub stations.
•• Prepare and manage scope of work for any additional soil surveys and laboratory tests.
•• Propose design solutions static and dynamic loaded construction (compressors, pumps and blast proof buildings)
•• Propose design solutions against settlement of roads, paving and underground infrastructure. Experience with the Belgium SB250 (StandaardBestek Wegen & Verkeer) is a plus.
• Support by means of hydraulic calculations the required dewatering measures during construction.
•• Can check layout and details of concrete formwork and reinforcement, structural steel drawings.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!