Our Client is looking for a Safety & Integrity Engineer, on a contract basis, location in Aberdeen.
- Provide technical expertise to the Asset
- Promote engineering best practice and apply and maintain company technical principles
- Assisting with Safety case maintenance and associated activities with Safety Case compliance and upkeep.
- Major hazards and integrity threats are identified, adequately assessed, evaluated and managed in accordance with relevant statutory, group and corporate requirements.
- Provides technical safety / safety engineering expertise, advice and technical challenge to Asset Management, Operations, Project, Well Engineering, required to develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with the Asset.
- Develops specification, ToR and SOW for specific Asset safety engineering studies.
- Participates in safety engineering related incident investigation and RCAs providing expert knowledge and direction.
- Development of Combined Operations notifications and associated studies (where required)
- Actively contribute to Safety Case Thorough Reviews.
- Actively contribute to the management and maintenance of the Asset safety Case
- Chairs HAZOP, HAZID and ORA meetings.
- Offshore Visits in support of Asset specific deliverables
- Audit of process safety and technical HSE aspects/controls of asset
- Liaise/communicate with external stakeholder where required.
- Supporting the ENS HSE Department Lead Integrity & Verification Engineer with:
- Assist in identifying, risk ranking, recording, mitigating, monitoring and resolving major integrity threats for the Asset in the Company Technical Integrity system in order to provide management visibility on their timely resolution.
- Assist with the monitoring the Integrity KPIs for the Asset, raising concerns when negative trends are observed and assisting the Asset with the development of improvement plans where applicable.
- Participating in the Technical Integrity Review Team meetings and progressing the resolution of major integrity threats and verification findings.
- Assist with preparing and / or collating the Asset specific slides for the Integrity & Major Risk Board Meetings.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline, i.e. engineering or scientific subject preferably chemical engineering, process engineering or process safety engineering
- Preferably professional qualification post first degree in Safety Engineering or Process Safety Engineering
- Demonstrable technical safety / safety /engineering experience and knowledge covering design, plant operation, project engineering, construction, commissioning and operation both onshore and offshore (particularly in the North Sea).
- Expert capability in the full range of technical risk assessment and management techniques.
- Able to meet the Offshore training requirement and be able to travel offshore if required.