The Lead Materials Planner will be responsible for managing long & short-terms materials availability & inventory management for all materials under your responsibility. In this role you will be front-end responsible for assuring materials availability at the time & quantity needed as well as achieving the inventory level targets.ESSENCIAL ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
In the Lead Materials Planning role, you will be responsible for:
Assuring availability of materials at the necessary time and quantity through:
Reporting materials availability and inventory performance:
- Working based on a master production schedule plan.
- Managing exception messages (pull in, push-outs, cancellation).
- Managing the creation of demand (create & maintain work orders in the system/ create Purchase Requisitions in the system).
- Connecting with sourcing to define the best purchase strategy for each commodity.
- Planning & managing materials with extra test requirements.
- Maximize on-time delivery and material availability while managing dynamically inventory
- Prioritize / align material to global customer demand
- Coordinate activities to provide availability information to Regional Operations / Sales / Commercials teams and Product Line.
- Lead cross-functional efforts between Part Fulfillment and Sourcing teams to optimize material availability.
- Provide inputs on material availability to support tendering (ITO (Inquiry to Order), Campaign, Special Programs) and deal execution.
- Provide detailed data analysis, summarizing and effectively communicating across all
- Organizations while leading decision-making process for new digital tools introduction that can enhance visibility on business KPIs (Key Performance Indicator) and improve communication.
- Maintain the highest level of integrity and ethics in all dealings with internal customers and outside supplier.
- Follow HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) rules and with BH The Spirit the Letter, and act as model to others to follow these rules and principles.
- Further tasks not involved in this job description that the immediate leader / manager assigns with verbally or in writing.
- Participate in initiatives to improve productivity and on time delivery including / Lean projects.
- Managing inventory levels of materials via:
- Lead inventory optimization initiatives on material scope, leveraging strategic decision on material allocation, re-purposing and reuse, contributing to maintain profitable cash position for the business.
- Working to stablish the operational plan for future years based on S&OP plan.
- Managing receipts of materials to assure production plan is executed without impact the inventory targets defined by quarter.
- KPIs of the function.
- Material availability strategy to meet production plan.
- Floats of commodities.
- Adherence of materials plan.
- Preparing reports to support decision making and provide meaningful insights for the leadership.
- Maintenance of inventory policies.
- RCA of process & materials availability issues.
- Process Change Management to improve operations performance.
Interface with engineering, quality, production, logistics, sourcing & finance to assure execution of the plan. REQUIRED QUALIFICATION:Field of Study:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain, or Computer Sciences from an accredited university or college.
- 3 years' experience in manufacturing, supply chain, or material management.
- Green Belt Certified or equivalent quality certification.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings and bills of material. Exceptional analytical skill set.
- Ability to work in a cross functional, global, and multi-tasked environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and influencing skills
- Proven project management skills with the ability to work across functional boundaries and all
- levels of management.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient with Microsoft products, including Excel, Power Point and Access.
- 3 years experience in manufacturing, supply chain, or material management.
Trainings/ Specif abilities:Required:
- 5 years experience in manufacturing, supply chain, or material management.
- Solid Microsoft Skills on Excel, PowerPoint, IE knowledge.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more