Skills: Contracts Administration, Contracts Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Kwinana Beach, Western Australia, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Responsible for coordinating activities of a team and providing Engineering Leadership to projects or operations, including maintenance, inspection and turnaround, promoting collaboration with other disciplines, teams, subfunctions and contractors to systematically resolve problems and developing capabilities of the team to apply integrated, pragmatic solutions focused on risk management, operating efficiency, defect elimination and standardisation.
BP is one of the world's leading international oil and gas companies, employing more than 80,000 people globally and has operated in Australia since 1919. Today, we're involved in a whole range of activities, such as exploring natural gas and crude oil resources as well as refining and marketing petroleum products and lubricants. We also have a network of almost 1,400 service stations throughout Australia.
BP's Kwinana Refinery is one of the most modern in the southern hemisphere. It is Western Australia's only refinery and with a capacity of 150,000 barrels of crude oil per day, it is Australia's largest. It began operation in 1955 and since this time it has continued to grow in national and international significance.
About the opportunity
In this role, you will coordinate contract strategy development, contract management, cost improvement and contractor oversight of a portfolio of key maintenance contracts providing central services to Kwinana Refinery.
The role has a both strategic and tactical focus, ensuring that contracting arrangements support Kwinana's business goals whilst meeting the requirements of the day-to-day operational business
- Conduct workplace investigations as required and provide communication of safety related matters to work teams and contracting partners
- Act as contract coordinator for key maintenance contracts (including mechanical, industrial cleaning, painting, lagging, scaffolding, cranes and civil) and manage Safety performance, Quality management, Resourcing levels and Execution improvements/cost reduction
- Have input into contractor quarterly performance reviews
- Manage stakeholder engagement between BP job owners and contracting partners
- Act as contract owner for nominated minor maintenance contracts.
- Roll out and manage refining contractor oversight model for nominated contracts
- Manage campaign maintenance projects, including scoping, managing procurement process, execution, control and close-out
- Continuous improvement to processes and the development of new process where required
To be successful in the Contract Management Lead, E&M, you will have experience in Contract Management role and have knowledge of refining including technical exposure to process plant and utilities.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Strong behavioural safety leadership and experience leading small teams
- Project Management experience desirable
- Ability to work effectively with contractors whilst challenging performance
- Demonstrated experience in change management, stakeholder communications and project resource engagement
- Ability to support tactical day-to-day activities whilst executing key improvement projects
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Deliver mutually beneficial outcomes, deal with ambiguity, navigate complexity and drive impactful outcome
- Tertiary Engineering or Business qualification
We can offer you a vibrant, collaborative work culture and a company that lives and breathes its values of Safety, Respect, Excellence, Courage and One Team.
We are a global organisation with fantastic opportunities for professional and personal growth with a collaborative culture.
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.