Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Worley is looking for a Principal Mechanical Engineer to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operations based in Aberdeen for a duration of 4 months intially.
You will join the Mechanical Engineering Department which provides concept, FEED and detailed design services for mechanical equipment for both onshore and offshore Oil & Gas facilities. The Department consists of Rotating, Static and Packaged Equipment and Mechanical Handling sub-disciplines and also the HVAC and Metallurgy disciplines.Engineering positions typically involve the selection, specification, design and requisitioning of mechanical equipment. Design positions generally involve space modelling of HVAC equipment or Mechanical Handling routes and volumes, together with some calculation and documentation elements, e.g. equipment weights and sizes or handling methodology.
Your skills and expertise will be utilised across a range of domestic and international projects, starting in the bid phase, continuing through to award, start up and execution.
- Administer and implement Company, and where applicable, Client/Project policies and procedures.
- Supervision of discipline personnel and allocation of work.
- Approval, checking and preparation of design/engineering documentation.
- Deputise for Mechanical Manager as required.
- Provide technical assistance to Business Development strategies, activities and initiatives.
- Undertake training of less experienced engineers, including duties as a mentor.
- Ensure Delivery of all aspects of discipline design, specification and procurement of the project to cost, schedule and quality criteria.
- Ensure technical integrity of all discipline deliverables on the project.
- Commitment to and promotion of Worley values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.