Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Celle, Lower Saxony, Germany
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
As part of the Schlumberger Group, OneSubsea GmbH in Celle is a global player in the field of special machine construction, setting new global standards in the integration and control of oil and gas production systems in the deep-sea sector. Attractively located on the edge of the Lüneburg Heath, approx. 550 employees from over twenty nations work at the Celle location to develop and implement individual and innovative project solutions in close cooperation with their customers.
One Subsea currently have an exciting opportunity for a Research Engineer to join the team in Celle. The Research Engineer's area of responsibility covers the entire scope of new technology projects. You are involved in the concept phase through the detailed design, production of prototypes to product commercialization. In addition, you will participate in the product qualification and final handover of the product to the sustaining engineering group. You will work independently and reliably as well as in collaboration with your colleagues.
- Design of electrical and electromechanical assemblies in the field of motor drive technology.
- Design verification through simulation and testing of experimental prototypes.
- Product interface clarification for seamless system integration.
- Coordination with concurrent team members, suppliers and customers (national/international).
- Provide technical support for the product from concept to commercialization.
- Preparation, creation and execution of functional and qualification tests.
- Creating product and test documentation, e.g. for design reviews.
- Identify potential for improvements in existing drives in terms of efficiency or cost.
- Activity requires occasional travel.
- Completed study (Master/Diploma) in the field of Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics, with a focus on Power Electronics, Electrical Machines and Drives.
- Professional experience in the field of electromechanical drive technology and frequency drive systems desirable.
- Knowledge of electrical safety standards and electromagnetic compatibility in power electronics.
- High degree of willingness to learn, creativity and organizational talent.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Structured working methods, analytical skills and team-oriented work in the system context.
- Teamwork, sense of responsibility, reliability.
- Self-confident, conflict solving, proactive, self-solution driven with minor guidance required.
- Innovation skills are key.
- Experience in the use of design tools (Altium) and simulation tools (SPICE, MATLAB, SIMULINK).
- Experience in the use of Power Electronic Systems simulation tools such like PLECS
- Knowledge in the field of mechanical design and operation of CAD software.
- Good written and spoken German.
- Experience in the use of Power Electronic Systems simulation tools such like PLECS.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.