We are looking for a Nuclear Physicist (m/f/d) to join our team in Celle, Germany. Essential Responsibilities:
- Planning and performing research, design, development and testing of nuclear sensors, tools, and services.
- Working knowledge and interpretation of nuclear modelling tools (i.e. MCNP) to optimize the design and performance of BHIs services.
- Be cognizant of how environmental factors influence the measurements and optimize the design by minimizing or eliminating any negative consequences associated with these environmental factors
- Optimize design concepts to meet performance requirements and cost targets utilizing advanced simulation tools for functional as well as survivability evaluation.
- Develop test plans and supervise execution of engineering tests at a prototype system level or prototype component level. Write reports to summarize testing and communicate lessons learned.
- Complete documentation and change management processes for new product development.
- Present in conceptual and detailed design reviews to complete milestones in the technology development process.
- Educates, mentors, and supervises less experienced scientists and engineers.
- Works closely with sales and product line to support customer. Participates in customer interface.
- Has significant impact on patent analysis and submission.
- Masters Degree and some experience or Ph.D
- Must have fundamental understanding of geophysics and how nuclear data/tools are used to characterize various reservoir and non-reservoir formations.
- Expert analytical skills.
- Expert knowledge of sciences with a focus on nuclear physics. Experience with nuclear modelling tools. Expert problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrated advanced problem solving skills with respect to Applied Physics, Engineering Design, and Technology Development.
- Self-contained, self-motivated and structured to work within a worldwide functioning interdisciplinary team
- Good written and verbal English skills, due to working in an international diverse working environment and strong interest in working with other cultures.
- Practical experience in the above mentioned area of expertise gathered during internships, thesis and/or professional experience.
- Experience with Monte Carlo Modelling software or equivalent.
- Engaged in technical forums on well log interpretation
- Generally works with wide latitude in making autonomous decisions.
- Demonstrated strong ability to develop within a technical mentoring environment as well as to work independently.
Celle - Germany
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more