Our client an international maritime company is currently looking to fill the role of Chief Security Officer.
- Interview, select, review and train security personnel provided by appointed security service providers, according to company standards to maintain order throughout the company.
- Direct, coordinate and supervise all Security Personnel, give clear direction on all security related issues.
- Draw up security plans and review them on regular basis in conjunction with QHSE-S Department, to ensure optimal security of company's employees and assets.
- Track, record and notify all security risks, deviations from Company security standards and any untoward incidents.
- Ensure compliance with all security standards and preventative measures and vet security procedures such as Journey management.
- Conduct security incident investigations and compile reports in a timely manner for any theft, loss, accidents or any aspect that puts at risk, the security of the Company's employees and assets, in close collaboration with QHSE-S department.
- Handle security related complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Develop and maintain a monthly checklist for all security equipment to ensure that they are fully functional.
- Write advisories on need be basis to advise Management and issue daily security alerts/advisories to staff
- Develop and advise staff of security emergency procedures, in conjunction with the QHSE-S Department.
- Stay updated about current security trends in order to design and implement effective security systems for mitigation.
- Implement site/office access control systems.
- Be available 24 hours a day for genuine security emergencies within the Company.
- Interface and liaise with governmental security bodies (Military, Police, Navy...) and external security advisors to assess the security risks for company's employees and assets and brief the management about it.
- Conduct security risk assessment for new sites and support existing sites with security advisories and security setups (prior to mobilization, during execution and during demobilization)
- Interface/supervise security contractors for company's facilities.
- Bachelor's degree as a minimum.
- Proficiency in operation of Computers, surveillance and security systems.
- Surveillance and security management skills.
- Judgement, objectivity and Dealing Uncertainty skills.
- Dependability and Integrity.
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills.
- Persuasion and public-speaking skills.
- At least 5 years of experience in corporate security, preferably in a Corporate environment.
- Law enforcement /military experience mandatory
- Knowledgeable about security related laws and processes.
- Connection with security/law enforcement agencies/contacts.