The Project Resource Data Analyst will be responsible for collating, maintaining, reporting and analysing project headcount and staffing plan data, using the Project Staff Management (PSM) system. This position will support the overall GPO strategy and initiatives while facilitating and supporting Project Controls transactional business processes.
This roe will report to the Resource Manager with a regular interface with:
• People Advisor, BP HR GPO
• GPO Central Project Controls team
• BP Project Leadership Team
• BP Project Controls Manager and Leads
THIS IS FIXED TERM CONTRACT POSITION FOR 3 YEARSKey Accountabilities:
- Own the PSM tool and data within. Serve as first point of contact for all PSM related queries, help optimize the PSM data to ensure maximum productivity of the team.
- Maintain PSM tool and ensure accuracy and consistency of key data sets, reports and metrics.
- Produce and deliver standard and customized monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc reporting and dashboards based on business need. This includes developing queries and/or gathering data from various sources; in addition, may interpret the data to provide value added analysis.
- Gather, manipulate, and explore large datasets to identify trends and provide useful insights for analysis based on KPIs.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Perform regular audits within/between the tools we use (Workday, PSM and FieldGlass) to ensure data and system integrity, validate calculations and troubleshoot irregularities; support data governance process
- Continually research, test and stay up to date on all system updates and fixes, partner with central Project Controls and HR on required system upgrades
- Responsible for addressing a high volume of system-related activities in a timely fashion while consistently maintaining a high level of quality and customer satisfaction.
- Answer questions related to policies and procedures within the scope, uses available tools and resource materials to provide information and resolve issues and requests. Learn and apply standard procedures and knowledge to develop solutions within established guidelines related to project resource plan.
- Assist with continuous process improvements by researching methods to continue to digitalize and streamline processes.
- Prioritize work to manage multiple workstreams, high pressure situations, and new information.
Essential experience and requirements:
- Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Business Analytics, Information Management, or relevant fields.
- Azerbaijani citizenship is required
- Experience with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within Human Resources and Project Controls and database structures, knowledge and experience with Workday and/or relevant Project Staffing Management systems
- Minimum 4 years of progressive reporting and data analytics experience in an international organization
- Experience in Project Controls organization on major oil and gas projects
- Solid experience in data validation and interpretation, ability to analyse large datasets and generate meaningful insights using Power BI data visualization tool (e.g., tables, charts, graphs);
- Computer Literacy: expert level in MS Office applications, particularly MS Excel and Visio. Experience in working with digital visualization tools (e.g. Microsoft Power BI.)
- Knowledge of basic programming
- Understanding of interdependencies between various systems and identifying potential risk and mitigations.