Skills: Workover or Completion
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: To define
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
With over 125 years of experience, KCA Deutag is one of the world's leading drilling and engineering contractors working onshore and offshore with a focus on safety, quality and operational performance. We operate approximately 100 drilling rigs in over 20 countries employing more than 8000 people in Africa, Europe, Russia, the Middle East, the Caspian Sea, South East Asia and The Americas.
Who We Are Looking For
A vacancy has arisen for a Residential Workpack Engineer position (fixed- term until 31/12/2020) as part of the onshore Business Unit.
Reporting to the KCAD MTL/Shutdown Superintendent as appropriate, the Workpack Engineer is responsible for preparing and presenting Detailed Integrated Shutdown Work packs for the KCAD managed activities before, during and after the Shutdown, and selected Planned Maintenance Routines as required.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the Company Compliance with World Wide Standards Management System Procedures.
- Responsible for preparing and presenting the Detailed Integrated shutdown work packs, covering all KCADeutag managed activities, to the platform management (both crews, where practicable) during the pre-shutdown preparatory phase.
- Attend all shutdown related meetings a requested, Chair and take minutes as required.
- Must be able to pass BP GOC (guidance on certification) course for multi discipline skills-Structural, Piping, Electrical & Instrumentation.
- Knowledge of and compliance with client, industry and international specifications and standards.
- Laisse with Rig Managers, Onshore/ Offshore Maintenance Superintendents, BP Project Engineers and WTL's/WSL's, to ensure that Operations, Maintenance and Engineering are aware of all the shutdown work scope activities to be carried out during the shutdown period.
- To review all vendor Workpacks to ensure the scope of work is correct and all pre/commissioning paperwork is in place.
- Ensure all Permitry requirements have been prepared and are in Workpack.(During offshore implementation of work scopes)
- Ensuring all required lifting plans have been reviewed and filed into the Workpack.
- Manage 3rd party SLC & Rigging equipment in preparation of shutdown work scopes.
- Responsible for ensuring required GRA'S (Generic Risk Assessment) are prepared for the required work scope and placed in Workpack.
- Verify material requirements for offshore work scopes are placed in Workpack.
- Responsible for ensuring all required drawing i.e., P&ID's, Hydraulic schematic, E&I interconnecting drawing, general arrangements etc. are in the Workpack.
- Responsible for ensuring the vendor commissioning procedure are in the Workpack and completed and signed off on work scope completion before Vendor demobilises from the platform.
- Compiling all GOC (Guideline of Certification) documentation is in the Workpack and ensuring all documentation is completed offshore and signed before vendor de-mobs from the platform.
- Responsible to ensure any PM's (Preventative Maintenance) are incorporated within shutdown period and Workpack.
- To assist offshore to complete all GOC certification during shutdowns as requested.
- On completion of Shutdown all documentation to be downloaded into BP database.
- Workpacks to be updated to As Built.
Key Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in Project Engineering with a background in the delivery of both on and offshore workpacks
- Experience in GOC documentation
- Good Background in interaction with third party vendor and client requirements
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay & Benefits package
- Structured Training, Development & Career Progression
- Hold a valid offshore survival/medical certificate
- Recognised Electrical/Mechanical apprenticeship
- Electrical/Mechanical degree or HND with relevant experience
About KCA Deutag
KCA Deutag is currently the drilling contractor on 31 offshore platforms worldwide. The company also owns and operates a fleet of 77 land drilling rigs. Our six Core Values define 'the KCA Deutag way' and are underpinned by our Policies, Standards and Procedures. They help guide our business approach and culture and our people in working safely, effectively and ethically across our operations.