Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
HEAD, IT GOVERNANCE & PMO
Primary Purpose of Job
1. Establish the required controls, standards and frameworks for effective management of ICT Governance, Risk Management and Compliance (GRC), and Business Support.
2. Maintain a central repository of ICT risks and mitigations, and manage ICT risks in the context of QP's Enterprise Risk Management Framework (ERM).
3. Ensure compliance with Corporate and ICT Governance and Audit requirements, policies and processes by implementing mechanisms to record noncompliance cases and ensuring provision of corrective actions for noncompliance cases.
4. Manage the development of business requirements by ICT Department into value added contract packages by using appropriate contracting strategies and methodologies.
5. Monitor and report the development and implementation of ICT tenders and awarded contracts to ensure critical path Tender and Award milestones are achieved with QP's compliance requirements for contracts responsibilities, performance, HSE, quality, etc.
6. Monitor the coordination with the Legal, Finance and other QP Departments, to mitigate any contractual risk exposure to QP.
7. Lead the evaluation of new tools, technologies, procedures and methodologies for QP ICT to support and improve Governance and Business Support functions
8. Ensure ICT Quality Management System (QMS) compliance and development of QMS policies and procedures via close coordination with the Corporate Quality Management Department to maintain relevant QMS and ISO certifications.
9. Mentoring and training performance review of direct reports and building the appropriate management/oversight structure and mechanisms to ensure a motivated and dynamic workforce.
10. Foster Qatari personnel career development, and achieve the talent management program objectives, by implementing a program of development and training for the Division's staff, to ensure that QP recruits, trains, develops and retains the required skill-sets necessary to operate effectively to serve our customers.
• Bachelors level degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or an appropriate Engineering/Business field
• A minimum of 12 years of progressive experience in an enterprise ICT environment, with at least 5 years of demonstrated ICT Governance experience in an ICT organisation
Experience & Skills
• In depth knowledge and extensive experience of ICT GRC
• Extensive relationship management experience with senior level vendor personnel
• Extensive procurement experience including RFx development, proposal scoring, vendor selection, financial analysis and cost reduction strategies
• Experience in managing and negotiating ICT contracts for Systems, licenses and services including both commercial and legal terms and conditions
• Appropriate Professional Certifications and/or appropriate ICT experience in the Oil and Gas Sector are desirable
• Demonstrated commitment to quality and continuous improvement while operating independently using mature judgment in planning and performing assignments and achieving defined objectives
• Excellent people management, problem solving, persuasion, negotiation, and decision making skills
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and communicate with a multi-cultural and multi-national workforce
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate concepts as appropriate to customers, contractors and staff
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa