Responsible for providing project engineering expertise for delivering a substantial subset of a moderately complex project and directing contractors and for cross-discipline coordination with other project team members to drive integrated technical integrity of the project and to complete assigned work activities across all phases of the project are delivered in accordance with BP, HSSE, and ethical standards and in compliance with all relevant statutory requirements.About the role - Deliver the strategy for regional aftermarket services
- Integrates GSS Aftermarket Services in the support of regional activities and Area Development Plan (ADP).
- Exhibits exemplary HSSE leadership to BP and Subsea Suppliers / Service Providers.
- Partner with Suppliers' Operations Managers (Aftermarket services) to arrange the aftermarket support services
- Partner with Subsea Operations and Subsea Wells teams to align existing Regional LoF Aftermarket Services with GSS Aftermarket Strategy.
- Support the GSS Aftermarket Services strategy building a global team delivering services across all operating functions
- Provide strategic direction of the services function globally in the delivery of GSS AOP commitments.
- Develop regional strategy for global spares and tooling
Collaborate to deliver great outcomes
- Apply agile design principles to the regional GSS services team structure and maintain optimum team size through the use of functional resources
- Apply agile frameworks to drive key improvement initiatives within the services organization to improve HSSE, quality and competitive performance.
Simplify and improve performance
- Develop collaborative relationships with Regional Aftermarket Managers of BP subsea hardware suppliers / service providers, i.e. OneSubsea, TechnipFMC, Baker Hughes GE.
- Support management / periodic re-negotiation of services elements of Global Frame Agreements.
- Support new projects with aftermarket services call off and new contract strategies.
- Host workshops with internal stakeholders, operating functions (GPO, GWO and GOO) and suppliers to determine strategic direction for the aftermarket function.
- Be customer centric to the operating functions (GPO, GWO and GOO), GSS support functions and suppliers
- Actively stay abreast on external technology development relevant to the GSS advancing subsea strategy and develop processes and/or tools to enable this information to be shared across our industry
Benchmarking and Performance managementModernisation and Transformation of processesHSSE initiatives including implementation of self-verification and regular safety forumsImplement global Aftermarket Services Operating modelSupport transparent performance management of the Aftermarket Services function to share internally and with stakeholders About YouEssential Education
- Support and deliver Aftermarket Services Good to Great program by working together with all GSS Aftermarket Services regions, GSS functions, operating functions and suppliers. Focus areas include among others:
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- Degree qualified engineer in relevant subject (Mechanical, chemical or petroleum engineering)
- Chartered Engineer (CEng) or PE License equivalent
- Track record in the application of agile work methods at BP
- Agile Product Owner training
- Over 15 years oil and gas experience with a strong understanding of subsea engineering and project management.
- Demonstrated track record of safety, environmental and regulatory compliance
- Demonstrated skills in leading a multidiscipline team
- Strong understanding of offshore drilling and completion operations
- Working knowledge of Quality Assurance processes for the manufacture of subsea equipment.
- Growth mindset
- General awareness of material control and inventory management (e.g. spare parts and tooling)
- Preferred experience in well related SPS tooling.
- Strong behaviours and knowledge of BP leadership expectations
- Project Management Professional (PMP) with technical bias.