The PPS business delivers key pipeline and process services to oil and gas businesses globally. In line Inspection is one of those services and the Data Analysis function is a key element. Delivering accurate and reliable data based on thorough analysis is the cornerstone of the PPS ILI business and is integral in ensuring the safe operating of oil and gas pipelines globally.
Data Analysis is responsible for the production of inspection and integrity reports which are integral to the safe operation of oil and gas pipelines. The skills required to analyze data are described in ILI-PQ-2016.
The Analysis Team Leader is responsible for the organization and control of the data analysis service to facilitate the on-time delivery of Pipeline Inspection Reports.
The team leader will plan resources made available and co-ordinate with other Team Leaders globally to meet reporting time scales and budgets. This will involve regular planning monitoring and control of the analysis teams work with overall responsibility for quality and productivity. The team leader will initiate required changes to procedures and practices to maximise customer satisfaction profitability while maintaining quality.
The analysis staff within the team will report directly to the team leader. Essential ResponsibilitiesTeam Leader
Examples of Key Result Areas and Relevant KPI's:
- Planning, allocation and management of analysis resources to ensure reporting time scales and budgets are met.
- Delivering a focal point of contact for clients and project managers, from definition of reporting requirements to post service support, client presentations and training to maximise customer satisfaction.
- Providing feedback of progress, milestones, productivity, and quality to the team.
- Ensuring all tools and systems used to monitor team's workload are fully utilized and updated as per expected requirements.
- Monitor team's quality and productivity and drive improvements in both.
- Provide Data Quality checks on Reports and perform post report quality audits for feedback to the Analysis Technical leader and support staff.
- Liaise with clients and Project Leaders to advise and resolve reporting requirements, queries and complaints.
- Resolving with other Team Leaders, peaks and troughs in local workload.
- Managing team utilization including vacation, sickness and training.
- Identifying, facilitating or delivering training needs for all team members.
- Guidance and support on technical issues to the analysis team.
- Develop / provide personal coaching and professional development to improve the technical and non-technical skills of analysis team members.
- Conduct performance reviews and quarterly updates on team member's performance.
- Recruitment selection, interviews and recommendations.
- On-time delivery of reports
- Customer satisfaction and feedback management
- Report Right First Time
- Report cycle time / hours per km
- Procedural compliance
- Certification of analysts
- Budget management
- Audit completion and close out of findings
- Educated to College or Degree level with science, technology, engineering and/or mathematics (STEM) and/or business content.
- Detailed, analytical, statistical, process orientated approach
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects to a robust closure in a timely manner
- Excellent planning, interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills
- Customer management experience
- Demonstrated people management and development skills
- Minimum 1-year practical data analysis experience in relevant technology
- Level I ILI-PQ Analyst
- Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) or equivalent technical discipline.
- Experience in driving change and influencing in a cross-functional/matrix environment
- Minimum 3 years practical analysis experience in relevant technology
- Project management experience
- Level II ILI-PQ Analyst