Responsible for supporting the Project Planning Team developing and reporting on the project plan and performance and ensuring conformance with BP Planning, Scheduling and Project Coordination procedures.About the Opportunity - 12 month contract
The role of the Power BI / Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) Developer is to extract and transform data from various corporate systems to develop and implement the appropriate PPM solutions, systems and plans to enhance BP Asset Management activities. Employing refined technical and analytical capabilities across P.P.M.S and Power BI systems, the successful incumbent will proactively source project data from various BP corporate systems and key stakeholders across Project Management, Procurement, Remediation and Maintenance domains to transform into meaningful Project insights.
The successful individual will have demonstrated hands-on experience in developing and delivering end-to-end PPM solutions, Power BI dashboard reports and analytics within complex organisations to optimise project insights. This role calls for an individual well-versed in proactively identifying relevant data sources through building strong relationships with key stakeholders across multiple functions. This role requires someone with exceptional learning agility, judgement and communication skills to deliver CI across scheduling and controls, and to identify risk and cost reduction opportunities.
Key deliverables within this role include, but are not limited to:
- End-to-End development, implementation and maintenance of PPM solutions using infrastructure such as MS Project Online and dashboard reports using Power BI
- Participate in BP's digital transformation journey using ETL principles on datasets to guide strategic project decisions
- Development and maintenance of project schedules using MS Project Professional
- Provide Cost Control function including but not limited to budget vs actual expenditure analysis
- Conduct Project and Program impact assessments, including those associated with project variations, risks, negotiations, notices and extension of time.
We would love to hear from individuals who possess the following critical capabilities:
Benefits of working with us
- Exceptional hands-on technical development experience across a variety of technologies i.e. Microsoft BI stack (SSIS, SSAS Tabular), Power BI, Project Online/Server, MS Project Professional, Office 365 and SharePoint.
- Proficient in writing complex SQL queries and DAX
- 5 + years; systems development, projects operations, maintenance, engineering in facility or relevant technical, scientific or business field
- Skilful in the use of PM frameworks and report cycles
- Awareness of stage-gated project execution requirements and Front-End Loading (FEL) concepts
- Exceptional stakeholder management and communication skills
- Ability to work in fast paced complex business environments managing multiple priorities
- Strong ability to work in an adaptive and agile manner to deliver insightful analytics
BP offers you a collaborative work culture and a company that lives and breathes our values of Safety, Respect, Excellence, Courage and One Team. We have a commitment to developing your career and reward our people with a competitive salary package and market-leading benefits.
BP is an equal opportunity employer supporting inclusion and diversity in our workforce.
BP Australia encourages women, people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply. Flexible working is encouraged at BP, so let us know how we can support you to maximise your work and home life. If this opportunity sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you.