Skills: Electrical Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Sugar Land, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
• Assist in identifying and organizing requirements. Apply relevant usability procedures and principles.
• Analyze, design, develop and maintain products and assist in their commercialization.
• Build prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing. Set up and run lab simulations. Design and implement tests, document results and develop customer presentations. Provide timely corrective actions on defects.
• Produce analyses and mathematical models, and draw design conclusions based on those.
• Conduct or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, code and other artifacts. Contribute to design standards and support design re-use.
• Create and maintain product documentation.
• Assign, direct and review work of technicians and provide guidance to engineers. With seniority, mentor junior engineers.
• Continually evaluate engineering approaches and risk.
• Author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations. Share expertise via Eureka and special interest groups. Expand informal network throughout the organization.
• Keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets. Adopt new practices readily in order to develop innovative and low-cost products.
• Maintain familiarity with company technology, organization and business.
Qualifications and Experience:
• BS/ MS in Electrical Engineering
• 4-7 yeas relevant experience
Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.