Maintenance ManagerPosition Overview:
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for managing the reliability of mechanical and electrical equipment necessary for continuous plant operations. The position is accountable for integration of the 14 elements of Process Safety Management; maintenance systems selection, implementation and integration; cost control and leading the team with the highest of standards. He/she provides critical interface with PSM, Environmental, Operations, Engineering and other department managers. Maintenance & Improvement Management
- Responsible for selecting & implementing a maintenance & spare parts management system for the site
- Reviews installed equipment and verify spare parts are adequate for continuous operations
- Collaborates with the PSM Coordinator to select & implement a mechanical integrity process system that complies with the PSM system
- Directs installation, maintenance, servicing and repair of all equipment, buildings, and grounds necessary for reliable continuity of manufacturing operations and safety of plant personnel
- Establishes and maintains the preventive & predictive maintenance programs, procedures, and records systems in order to audit the performance of services
- Proposes and oversees changes to the maintenance system to ensure continuous reliable performance of plant equipment
- Makes recommendations concerning preventive measures and equipment modifications to provide safe working conditions
- Deliberates with Operations Manager plant turnaround scheduling; successfully plans and coordinates turnarounds to ensure it is performed on time, within budget, and in a safe manner
- Oversees and reviews required repair and maintenance activities to determine work priorities
- Develops and establishes detailed plans and systems for preventive & predictive mechanical & electrical maintenance
- Identifies and assesses risk areas; discusses with the Operations Manager to control potential threats
- Analyzes and evaluates maintenance efficiency and cost effectiveness to determine improvements and eliminate unscheduled equipment downtime; setups equipment and spare parts, establishing inventory levels and determining equipment parts, suppliers, and vendors
- Analyzes repair & maintenance costs monthly to identify areas of cost savings without jeopardizing reliability
- Plans, develops, and manages the department's budget
- Monitors the expenditure of funds in the budget and informs Plant Manager of any deviations and overspendings
Reporting & Communication
- Develops maintenance training program for E&I and Maintenance Technicians
- Ensures personal & team's compliance with applicable laws, policies, and procedures
- Deploys clearly defined plans and sets targets by setting SMART objectives; leads the department to meet or exceed annual goals
- Assesses employees' and department's performance; conducts performance evaluations and takes appropriate action from results
- Communicates openly and clearly to ensure instructions & decisions are understood & implemented
- Creates an open-door policy and an environment that fosters teamwork and open discussion and suggestions
- Coaches, supports, & provides on-the-job training to develop his/her people
- Delegates tasks as appropriate
- Leads by example in terms of behavior, championing company values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect
- Acts in a manner in accordance with outlined safety policies, procedures and practices
- Assists with employee relations issues. Partners with leaders and/or HR Manager as needed to effectively resolve situations by helping to investigate employee relations cases
- Reports information for the plant weekly/monthly (as needed) to the necessary parties
- Updates risk assessments, KPIs, and cost savings metrics in a timely manner
- Analyzes information when there is a deviation from the target/goal; develops corrective actions and communicates with the necessary parties
- Maintains highest standards of safety and housekeeping according to established guidelines
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
- In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field required.
- Years of experience accepted in lieu of education.
- 20+ years of experience in Chemical Industry required.
- 10+ years of supervision experience required.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.