Scotford, Alberta, Canada
Scotford, Alberta, Canada
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Scotford, Alberta, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
If you're highly ambitious, safety-conscious, and thrive in complex and uncertain situations, then this role is for you. It will help you grow and develop in a business that encourages both personal and professional development where you'll be part of dynamic diverse team.
Where you fit in?
Operations and Maintenance jobs at Shell are essential to the ongoing successes of the company. In one of our Operations roles you will be part of a growing team that is tasked with the safe and efficient day-to-day operation of our global projects and assets.
The maintenance roles within the Refinery and Chemicals plants are represented by Unifor Local Union 530A. As such, successful candidates will be members of the Union upon hire. New employees will be provided with more details of the Collective Bargaining Agreement by a Union Representative during regular onboarding sessions
What's the role?
Reporting to the Maintenance Team Lead (MTL), the Millwright Craft Team Member will be supporting Unit based field crew along with Repair Facility and Compressor Overhauls.
- Maintenance and overhauls on vertical pumps, overhung pumps, between bearing pumps, steam and power turbines, centrifugal and reciprocating compressors
- Excellent knowledge of compressor auxiliary systems, hydraulic and pneumatic unloaders, cylinder lubrication, and prognosis of monitoring system
- Equipment installation, foundation prep, leveling, grouting and final installation of pumps and compressors
- Laser alignment
- Trouble shooting of equipment and auxiliary systems
- Work with all styles or mechanical seals and the ability to trouble shoot the various seal plans including dry gas seals
In Canada, we do everything from exploring for oil and gas, to refining and manufacturing, to discovering new ways to reduce emissions, to delivering fuels to our customers from coast to coast.
We have many successful businesses and projects across Canada, including:
- a strong and rapidly growing Upstream business built around the Montney and the Duvernay shale plays, on a foundation of Foothills sour gas;
- a successful Downstream business anchored in our Sarnia refinery (Ontario) and our Scotford refinery and upgrader (Alberta) as well as our two world-class petrochemicals plants near Edmonton;
- a network of 1,300 retail sites across Canada - a vital point of connection for our customers to us - which makes us one of the pre-eminent fuel retailers in the country;
- strong Aviation, Sulphur and Lubricants businesses;
- an innovative Supply and Trading business;
- a prospective LNG export project in Kitimat, B.C.
Canada is especially well-suited to offer lower carbon energy solutions thanks to our highly experienced workforce, our abundance of natural resources and supportive government policies. In Canada, Shell is actively exploring opportunities to invest in new fuels for transport, renewable power and customer solutions enabled by digital technology to lead the global movement towards cleaner energy.
Who we're looking for
- Alberta Journeyman Millwright with Red Seal having a minimum of 5+ years of experience
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Strong safety consciousness and situational awareness in all that the Craft Team Member does
- Strong troubleshooting, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Possesses interpersonal skills to deal with a wide range of people, in a wide range of situations, often in the context of a team environment
- Competent in standard computer operations and Microsoft Office
- Willing to work nights, weekends, holidays and be on-call to respond to emergencies when required
- Willing to work outdoors in inclement weather
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work at heights and in confined spaces
- Must reside within the area or be willing to relocate
- Using safe lifting techniques, able to lift and carry 20 kg from ground to waist level
- Ability to work safely wearing a respirator or Self-contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
- Willing to comply with Shell's drug-free and harassment-free work environment and comply with all safety policies and procedures
- A condition of employment for this position is successful completion of a pre-placement medical assessment of your fitness for duty, background check, driving record check and Pre-Site Access testing for alcohol and specified drugs
The Shell Scotford Complex is a short drive from Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta and consists of a bitumen upgrader, oil refinery, chemicals plant and a carbon capture and storage (CCS) facility. Scotford has both union and nonunion hourly employees. The refinery and chemical plants are unionized, and the upgrader is not unionized. It is one of North America's most efficient, modern and integrated hydrocarbon processing sites, converting oil sands bitumen into finished, marketable products. We recruit those who are interested in a career with Shell and prefer to develop and promote our people from within. The Shell Scotford site is committed to the Shell Golden Rules; Comply with the law, standards and procedures. Intervene in unsafe or non-compliant situations. Respect our neighbors. These standards are the reason Shell Scotford is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety, ethics and continues to seek out ways to further improve its work processes.
Shell offers an exceptional benefits program that includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs our also offered as part of the benefits package. Shell Scotford is a continuous learning environment that encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities. Scotford employees are encouraged to join Employee Networks which provide forums for sharing information and ideas, enhance employee's individual development, career progression and communication with other Shell employees in Alberta. Scotford employees are encouraged to join Employee Networks which provide forums for sharing information and ideas, enhance employee's individual development, career progression and communication with other Shell employees. The following Networks are available to Scotford employees: InNET (Indigenous employee network), Shell Women's Network and our New Professionals Network. New Scotford employees are encouraged to utilize Shell's Buddy system which will help you settle into your new role by providing support and a friendly face that explains "how we do things around here."
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video